Looking to get a nennie

Discussion in 'Anemone's' started by Trev, 7 Apr 2010.

1. Trev

Trev

Hey guys I have decieded its time to look for a nennie to enhance my tank but I would like some ideas from the public. My current lighting is 6 tubes 4 white and 2 blue I have the space to add another two if needed. The tank is 700 deep and all the other corals are halfway up/down the depth was thinking of creating another ledge for the nennie but hey he might not aprove anyways. I was thinking of a bubble tip. what do you guys recon? Also would anyone know were I can get one or if you may have one thats up for grabs.

Trev

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. SIMS

SIMS

A bubble tip is a good choice. Your lighting is perfect already. He will move where he is happy in the end. They will sting corals if too close and make sure he can not get to your pumps.

Also do not buy one that is bleached (whitish/very dull)

4. lIghty

lIghty

I wouldn't attempt it with that lighting, with 700 deep I would go with Mh!

Also, how long has your tank been running?

5. SIMS

SIMS

Um...I have a BTA under 2x24w T5's and it is growing well... I have others under T5's and also doing great.

6. Anemone

Anemone

I’m assuming your 6 tubes are T5??? Do they have individual reflectors?

What other livestock do you have? How about a full tank shot so I can see your aquascape.

7. Trev

Trev Thread Starter

Im sure a buble tip will work with this lighting just not others but I wanting to know which others need more light. Tanks been running for light years. Im not going to go MH if its needed I will rather not keep a nennie

Trev

8. Trev

Trev Thread Starter

Yip for tubes but I have not fitted reflectors to this tank yet was thinking the same. Other livestock are several different zoas, pulsing zenia,yellow star polyps,several different mushrooms, pin cushion, palay which Im trying to recover thats it for corals fish are humbugs x2 , yellow tail damsel , electric blue damsel , ocelaris clowns x2, maroon clown, african clown, skunk clown, picasso trigger, niger trigger, auriga butterfly, copperband butterfly , unicorn sergeon ( nasso unicornus ), purple reef lobster, green spotted puffer , saddled toby puffer, two sardines which will be leaving soon ( going into the pan:whistling: ) and then I am hoping to get my Cheatodontoplus Mesoluscus some time soon

Trev

9. Trev

Trev Thread Starter

Wow thats encoraging for sure simo thanks for this info................btw what going on with our usual hidding spot???????

Trev

10. SIMS

SIMS

No idea...

Trev get reflectors they increase the light by as much as 50%

11. davidfr7

davidfr7

"BTA" When looking for an anemone colour is the biggest tell tell sign. The column must have colour. If it is white walk away. Half the battle is won just by buying a healthy Anemone. You have got quite a few reefers down by you, so get one of them to have a look with you. A pic does not always come out true.

12. Trev

Trev Thread Starter

Yeah I know I must get it done .........sure 50% of the light goes up.LOL
    I wont start looking at nennies until the reflectors are installed and slowly introduced.

Trev

13. Trev

Trev Thread Starter

Thanks David these are also things I need to consider and I need work here I have always given nennies a miss and didnt bother even reading up on but now that Im considering it Im knida lacking in the knowledge dept so looking for all the info and finding it fast.

Thanks

14. SIMS

SIMS

Recent Posts