Looking for.. ?

Reaction score
Hi All,

I know that using canister filters for marine totally sucks!!:wacko:

But as I still have a fresh water tank does anybody perhaps have an old canister lying around that I can use for a 340l freshwater tank.

I'm willing to buy any old equipment like heaters, filters, sumps that you don't want anymore.

Please help as Petshops are extremely expensive!!;)

I'm based in Johannesburg, Alberton.

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Firstly - A very WARM WELCOME to MASA Tiger! Great to have you on-board! Are you planning a marine tank at all at any stage?

Please have a look around - perhaps what you see on MASA could tempt you to rather go marines than fresh water ;)

You could also perhaps post your request on our sister site: TropicalAquariumSA.com.

Good luck with what you are trying to achieve! And enjoy our company!

Reaction score
Hi All,

I know that using canister filters for marine totally sucks!!:wacko:

But as I still have a fresh water tank does anybody perhaps have an old canister lying around that I can use for a 340l freshwater tank.

I'm willing to buy any old equipment like heaters, filters, sumps that you don't want anymore.

Please help as Petshops are extremely expensive!!;)

I'm based in Johannesburg, Alberton.
Hi Tiger
canister is cool BUT you must clean it daily.

Reaction score
Thanks Jacquesb.

Yes I am planning a marine tank! As soon as my time and finances looks a bit better.

Thanks for referring me to your sister site, as I'm actually already a member, but nobody has spare filters lying around.

So can anybody please help?

Reaction score
Got one lying around that you could have as well as an aqua-medic ro unit but you`ll need to buy the filters for it as its just the housing.