[wtd] Looking for test kit, Skimmer, Argonite, rock, salt, hydrometer or a refractometer, led light

Reaction score
Hi I am new to the marine world and did my first post few days ago about my beginner budget build. This has been something I have always wanted to do https://www.marineaquariumsa.com/threads/new-to-marine-building-a-budget-tank-advice-welcome.85556/#post-1120100

I am looking for some items to finish off my setup, I need a test kit or test stripes, Argonite for a 110l tank, mix of live rock and dry rock about 12kg, salt, hydrometer or a refractometer a led light with a few basic features and rated up to a 110l tank for soft corals. I am also looking at getting a bigger skimmer 200 to 300L clip on internal as the one I have is just rated at my tank size. I am trying to put the tank together on a small budget so looking for very good deals or if any one has stuff lying around that they wouldn't mind donating to a good home it would be great appreciated.

I am based in Durban but I also have family in joburg that can fetch and ship to me.

Kind regards

Duncan

Last edited:
Reaction score
What test kits are you looking for? I have ammaonia and No3 nitrate I'm thinking of selling

Reaction score
Ammonia and nitrite are useless tests. You going to use them once while tank is cycling and never again. I suggest if you have a petstore close by. Just take them some water to test. If you go test twice you won't even spend R100

Salkio

Lorenzo
Reaction score
I have the bubble magus hang on skimmer if you want. 800 bucks.
I also have sand but it's not aragonite.

Reaction score
Update just looking for 10kg Argonite, mix of live rock and dry rock about 12kg, salt.

Reaction score
Hi bud. I have about 10kg live and dry rock and sand aswell. Whatsapp me 0810178376

Top Bottom