Looking for skimmer

Reaction score
Hi, i'm looking for a skimmer along the lines of a DNW 200. My sump will not allow for any sort of tall objects in there. If you have an internal skimmer, it needs to be short enough to be movable in and out of the sump without a major head ache. System is just under 1400litres.

I thought you were going DIY.
what ever made you think that?:011: I have done the calculations, picked Justions brains, and had a fair pick at my own, and found:
1.it does not fit in the sump
2.if i cut it in half it does still not fit in the sump
3.If somehow i manage to get it in there, when i put the tank on the stand i will not be able to move it, in or out, and the tank needs to go on the stand tomorrow and i will not be done by tomorrow
4. After all the hassle of doing it, due to its tiny size, it may not :
A.Perform fullstop
B.Perform to my needs
5. if i buy a skimmer that is internal but small enough to fit it will be hard to work on
So i am considering just buying an external skimmer:whistling:

Scuba would this be just a temp measure as I feel that 1 DNW 200 is a bit small for a 1400L system esp with all the fish that you want? as i saw a dnw 250 on a 800L tang system that was pulling out tons of dirt all the time?

second hand equals cheaper:) but if its a good enough price new then i may consider it:) it will be for the short term as i will be stockin up slowly as the fish on my list is expensive so there is time to upgrade before the bio load is too bad. but if i can get oz hands on a big one from the start it would be cool too. you got somethin lanzo my man?

Well, I have a Aquamedeic Turbofloter rated at 1000 l. Very powerfull skimmer. Also I have a new Berlin XL skimmer rated at 1500 l with a Eheim pump to run it. Im reluctent of getting rid of the Berlin because the skimmer is a work of art the way its made. Im sure it can skim well to.

got a berlin and i hate it. fransny, chill. lanzo if i'm not mistaken that 150 is not quite gonna cut it on a 1400 system right? thanks for the offer suhayl but thats too small for my system. berlin xl is only really good for 600 litres, to me it doesn't really function properly.

second hand equals cheaper:) but if its a good enough price new then i may consider it:) it will be for the short term as i will be stockin up slowly as the fish on my list is expensive so there is time to upgrade before the bio load is too bad. but if i can get oz hands on a big one from the start it would be cool too. you got somethin lanzo my man?

Excellent stuff, Ferdie had a DNW 200 for sale if i remember correctly not sure if he sold it was too big for the space i had

Back
Top Bottom