Looking for SCUBA Kit

Thanks Guys

Stupid Question, but how does a split fin work better than a "normal" fin, surely they are "floppy" and would twist in the water?

Justin - the "floppiness" of the centre of the split-fin section, actually works as extra propulsion units..... the outer edges of the fins are extremely rigid - so, these don't really move much when you are diving....

Let me see if I can get some explanatory info for you on this design....

ScubaPro, and TUSA also have split-fin designs.....

where are you guys diving??? Hell how much do you need to fin when you dive?

Mark - have you ever dived anywhere alongside the KZN coastline? Both the Aliwal Shoal as well as Protea Banks live smack in the middle of the Benguela current - which races down alongside the African continent, between 4 and 6 kilometers per hour - the ONLY time when this current is VERY slow - and barely ever still standing - is for a day in June / July (this day's date differs)....

Now - have you ever tried "being in one place for any length of time" in such a current?

Or have you ever tried catching up to dive buddies who are swimming along like beasts, while you want to stay in one place and check something out?

Then you REALLY need the right fins to help you.......

Even in/around Sordies' reefs - if the group is swimming away from you, and you need to/want to get back to the group - you need decent fins....

Same with Moz.....(Ponto reefs)....

Awesome! Good luck with Rescue. I did mine..... Unfortunately, the okes whom I did it with never asked me to do my final practical - I scored 97% in my written exams....

Doing your Rescue course REALLY opens your eyes - and believe me - you will NEVER go diving, without being a "changed person" ;) (it's a good change, mind you)....

Lighty, when up here next, try out all my fins, and I bet you will end up going the spearo fins. Also the spearo fins are all closed heal, you will feel how a closed heel transmits more power, the only thing I think is if you not used to them, you tend to cramp in the calf. Saying that though, two weeks ago I was in mine for about 4 hours and in extremly strong currents, and was fine.......unless it means i am getting fit.

I told you they too big...all you will do is bash the coals and dig up the sand

They can make a 5mm one piece for me (custom made to measurements) for about R2200. They make them in house and garentee their stitching for life. They have 2 types of material, normal and extra stretch.

Back
Top Bottom