Looking for PVC Piping +-300mms diameter

Reaction score
hey guys, i'm looking for some PVC piping in durbs, needs to be about 1 metre high, i have found places that can sell it to me, but its a bit expensive for now, so if anybody has some pieces lying around in durbs that they might want to get rid of....

shot

you dont mess around hey.
not a chance hey:) Go BIG or TAKE UP KNITTING or something along those lines:) when i get set on something i cant stop thinking about it till i either find something more exciting or finish the task:):thumbup: if there are beers in the fridge all of the above goes to ''ideas i had once apon a time'':1:

Large diameter PVC pipe is expensive, what do you need it for, GRP or Iron/Steel might be cheeper?

If you know a plumber or a guy in the civils trade they should be able to help. Ask for Class 12 uPVC piping (water piping), this will be blue in colour. Class 24 will also work (sewer piping), this will be a cream mustard colour. Don't use white plumbing piping, its very brittle and breaks easy.
Try dialling 1023 and see if theres a DPI factory in Durbs, I'm pretty there will be.
They actually have off cut bins, you might get lucky.

Post again if you don't come right, I have few more ideas.

Hey that GRP is a great idea.

I'm doing a 7.7km line here in Cape Town with the stuff, must say that I'm impressed.
Thats another idea for you reefninja. Try ami-tech they make the stuff.
If you interested I might be able to arrange a: lets say 1m sample of the stuff for you.
It's going to be tough to work with though seeing as it fiberglass (gonna itch like hell).

Let me know I'll see what I can do and then I'll copy you

Hey that GRP is a great idea.

I'm doing a 7.7km line here in Cape Town with the stuff, must say that I'm impressed.
Thats another idea for you reefninja. Try ami-tech they make the stuff.
If you interested I might be able to arrange a: lets say 1m sample of the stuff for you.
It's going to be tough to work with though seeing as it fiberglass (gonna itch like hell).

Let me know I'll see what I can do and then I'll copy you
WHAT???????????? Copy me? haha, guinea pig hey:) well, i still dont know what GRP is? well, dont want to itch, and do want to keep the job as pretty looking as possible, cause there is nowhere to hide the skimmer, it would be basically sitting in front of my tank a bit cause i have to keep the tank where it is:( fussy auntie:( but good looking stuff can be cheap still so i will try and find out, did get a good(ish-not sure) quote for some PVC piping where the company also does their own fabricating so they could do all the nasty bends for me:) so i will see what i can do:) will then pass on the knowledge:)

GRP (Glass-reinforced plastic) AKA Fiberglass.

Iv - I thing you mean Class 34 for the sewer pipe, sewer pipes are normally class 34 (Heavy Duty) and Class 51 (Medium Duty). There could be a class 24 but I've never used it.

Stewart. Check up at FED's DIY. They stock those pipes (white in colour). I know we normally use those pipes for the buildings stack pipes (shit pipes).
There's also a hardware shop in the corner of Queen street and Albert street that will stock. They are the cheapest so far.

so guys the white pvc piping that we get are not good? ive seen alot of pluming on tanks with the blue pipe-ing, so which is better? the white or blue ???

you can use any. It just the blue pipping comes in a higher pressure rating.

thanx kalks, so itake it that for smaller tanks like mine it would be ok for the white pvc pipe-ing as i dont have high pressure:) thanx for clearing that up ;)

Stewart. Check up at FED's DIY. They stock those pipes (white in colour). I know we normally use those pipes for the buildings stack pipes (shit pipes).
There's also a hardware shop in the corner of Queen street and Albert street that will stock. They are the cheapest so far.
thanks bud, will try and look into it

Maizey have a good stock of perspex pipes. The problem is you have to buy a meter min. They will cut it up for you but you need to design the offcuts into smaller skimmers. So the leftover of a cup becomes the shaft of a smaller unit and so on.

Maizey have a good stock of perspex pipes. The problem is you have to buy a meter min. They will cut it up for you but you need to design the offcuts into smaller skimmers. So the leftover of a cup becomes the shaft of a smaller unit and so on.
thats ok, the skimmer will be 1m in height anyway:) but i'm going to do a lot of looking around first, cause i have a tendency to do stupid buys so i'm going to try not to:)

thanks mek, aunty knows all the roads she will help me out:)

Back
Top Bottom