Looking for plumbing for hole through glass

Reaction score
Hi all,Been away a while, but I really want to get my seahorse tank going. I'm looking for plumbing to use to complete my overflow. I built a small "glass corner box" as overflow and got a 50mm hole drilled through the back glass. I need to plumb this so that the water can flow through a pipe/connection through the whole down to the sump. I guess I need the same kind of connection as for a bottom-glass-drilled tank, but where to find it ... Anyone able to help?Thanks.

Reaction score
astore

9 Fountain Road
Eastleigh
Edenvale 1610
South Africa
Phone : ‎+27 11 452 3354
Fax : ‎+27 11 452 3704

Reaction score
lol - punk you REALLY like astore dont you? :p

for the CPT members - they are here as well :D

Reaction score
yeah they rock dude :yeahdude:

Reaction score
Punk
What valves did you get ball or gate?I was there yesterday and yes they are helpfull

i got 32mm and 50mm ball valves:

06.gif

Reaction score
hmmm... i've never worked or seen gate valves, can you control the flow better with them? (would be cool to see a pic)

i had to use a combination of threaded & non-threaded parts 'cause i used nipples to connect to the pumps and the tanks connectors...

Reaction score
No I havent seen PVC gate valves I want to call them and ask if they do have PVC gate valves. I just think that one can ajust the valve better as the gate would have a threaded control arm and not a twist arm. Dont know need to find out. The problem I see with the type I bought one could by accident bump the arm and inrease or dcrease the flow rate. I post a pic now just nee to go to the back and take one.

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Gate valves are a million times better than ball valve's, especially for making minor adjustments to the flow. Unfortunately I have never seen or heard of them being available in this country.

Reaction score
Gate valves are a million times better than ball valve's, especially for making minor adjustments to the flow. Unfortunately I have never seen or heard of them being available in this country.
Viper I totally agree with you, just to find them.I give the store a call and find out. I would prefer gate valve but I was in a hurry yesterday and didnt think about it when I purchased as most of the sales people found out my name and thought I was the soccer player from Liverpool:p