Looking for plumber

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a plumber in Joburg to install my RO unit? I dont have a clue:(

Ask Viper to bend forward, he has the right cleavage:lol:

Thank you Kanga :)

What do you need help with gaboon? let's walk you through it, it's quite easy to setup.

Are you struggling with connecting it to your water pipes?

lol@ kanga.which part cant you get right gaboon?connecting it to the main water?

What RO unit do you have? Surely the person selling it to you should have shown you how to connect it up.

ok, think I figured it out.

I first found this...
19122007944.jpg

This screws into the copper piping which I wasn't happy about.

Then I found this tap...
19122007943.jpg

Can I buy a "T" connection to join the copper piping and this tap? Seems more logical than screwing a hole through the copper piping.

Lastly, I dont have space under my sink so I want to attach the unit on the outside, could this be a problem? Should I make an aluminium bracket to reinforce it?
19122007945.jpg

Can I buy a "T" connection to join the copper piping and this tap? Seems more logical than screwing a hole through the copper piping.
Yes you can get a 'T' piece, although you will have to add on a piece of pipe and then blank the end off if you want to use that same attachment that screws into the pipe.

Lastly, I dont have space under my sink so I want to attach the unit on the outside, could this be a problem? Should I make an aluminium bracket to reinforce it?
You can mount it anywhere. What is the aluminium bracket going to be for?

Gaboon, that fitting looks like it clamps onto your water pipe and punches a hole into it. The only problrm with that is if you move you will need to repair the pipe.
The better fitting would be the one that the guy's have shown in the other thread.
Alternatively if you own the place and are not too stressed about it then go ahead and use it.
You can mount the RO unit on the outside of the cupboard, and yes a bracket of sorts on the inside would be a good idea, once filled with water the unit will be quite heavy.

Guy's please chip in here with detailed pics of your RO installed so that Gaboon can see where he needs to run the piping. We can make this the RO installation thread ;)

Here you go, this is an old pic I did for someone else, the black DI unit is not labelled here.

phatro.jpg

Thanks guys, damn, I think the second pic is my flush bypass valve, I thought I could use that instead of piercing the copper piping. viper357, do you have a pic of your connection to the copper piping?

This is how mine is connected up. You could do something similar, cut your current pipe, install a t-piece, insert the valve then add a tap on the end to close it off. Otherwise if you are going to use what you have then you would basically do the same, install a t-piece, put in a short piece of pipe, probably about 10cm's should do it, seal off the end of the pipe then use your attachment to screw a hole into the new piece of pipe. Go to your hardware shop and ask them what you can use to blank off the short pipe, you don't want something that is going to come off and flood your house.

IMG_0390.jpg

Here's another good example from Mekaeel. Maybe you could do something similar onto your line to your washing machine.

17122007784.jpg

Cool, try not to flood the house, although I think we have all done it, some guys have even accidentally sprayed their ceilings with their RO units :lol:

Flooded mine just last night. The wife was not impressed. Still trying to find the leak :lol:

Gaboon ;Although you may not find this appropriate in your case, i thought that others may.
The advantage is that you can keep the ro unit at your tank (or any where for that matter) and simply run a hose pipe when need be. Great when you do not have a dedicated fish room

IMG_3021.jpg

some guys have even accidentally sprayed their ceilings with their RO units :lol:

Those sponge type mops work best for mopping the cieling. The normal woolly ones are useless. Rinse the mop off after every swish, you can't believe how much dust accululates in a cieling. Try not to do it when your wife has laid out all the hand washed whites to dry because it's raining outside and there is no where else to put it... Most imprtantly though, try not to do it twice... in one day..:blushing:

Back
Top Bottom