Looking For Livestock

Reaction score
Hi guys

I have decided to start this thread and see the response will be. As most of you know, I am starting up a reef again after a couple of tears absence. This time I want to do things even more correct than the last time. I have always been into DIY-ing to try and save cost, but also to try and get something right for my specific circumstances and setup.

After reading through all the forums and other websites, hunting for information, that may help, I've discovered that there are quite a few hardware pieces, that I 'll have to upgrade ,change or get myself. And as you all knows, that takes a lot of dollars.

The direct result of that would be - less money for livestock. So I anybody, may have an excess of livestock, or fragging corals or wanting to give something away for adoption, please remember me.

I do believe it is SO important to get the conditions correct, before getting livestock, because otherwise they may just die on you. So then we dont gain anything, we just loose and the livestock looses even more.

Sorry for sounding a bit melodramatic, but that is how I feel - if your sole purpose is not to care for the wellbeing of your livestock, you seriously need to concider leaving the hobby. ( This actually becomes a lifestyle)

Cheers

By the time you need the colt frag I might have a few others as well

<<<< Agrees

Thanks Kanga, I must say discovering this forum that was one of the best things happening to me and I think word must be spread about this forum , to each and every marine aquarium keeper.

Thanks Kanga, I must say discovering this forum that was one of the best things happening to me and I think word must be spread about this forum , to each and every marine aquarium keeper.

It's a pleasure

I must agree, this forum is such a breath of fresh air. Some very decent and knowledgeable guys on here as well and as you say the word must be spread.

It's a pleasure

I must agree, this forum is such a breath of fresh air. Some very decent and knowledgeable guys on here as well and as you say they word must be spread.
Thanks guys and we at MASA are really happy you are enjoying the site, as for spreading the word that is the real tough part, best way to spread it is by telling folk you meet in the LFS about us. We are getting there, infact faster than we anticipated so the word is spreading.

Where are you situated sandersc and what livestock are you looking for? LPS, SPS, Fish?

Hi Viper, I am situated in Paarl in the Western Cape and I am planning on doing a mixed reef. In my previous reef I had soft corals,LPS and fish .

I would love to keep SPS and prepare a prt of the tank where LPS's will flourish as well (quieter water and less light). Is it possible to have soft,LPS, SPS together and what fish would you suggest.

My planning for the reef is actually a long term one, that means it will happen over a period of time.

Cheers
Sanders

Back
Top Bottom