Looking for help

Discussion in 'New Members' started by G-man, 4 Feb 2010.

1. G-man

G-man

Hi guys!

I'm looking for someone in the Alberton or JHB area who does tank services. I need them to be able to have a look at what i got and tell me what i still need.

know anybody?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Reef Maniac

Reef Maniac MASA Contributor

Contact Nemo's Janitors - one of the MASa sponsors (check the sponsors page...)

Why not just post a new thread with what you have, and where you want to go (SPS, anemones, LPS, mixed reef...), and of course lots of photos of what you currently have... and your fellow MASA members could certainly help to put you on the right track with free advise.

Hennie

4. G-man

G-man Thread Starter

i want a skimmer installed in the cuboard under the tank and i want it to look like a coral reef with coral and fish with brilliant colours etc. i have a 400+ litre tand with the cupboards, i have some clown fish and damsels swimming around and they seem to be ok but my tank is boring and i want a professional to come over and make it a show stopper!!!!

5. Johan van Aardt

Johan van Aardt I love marines [R.I.P.]

sorry if im wrong but it doesnt sound like you like coral reefs so much and its more to be a showpiece like a painting would be in a home.

honestly wouldnt you get much more satisfaction out of doing research about what you want to do and do it yourself. if you look at all the tanks of the months you will see that all of them took alot of hard work, but what makes them good is that the owners have vast knowlege of what they do and with that knowlege achieve such great tanks.

6. G-man

G-man Thread Starter

i think you right and wrong Johan

I want to gain all the knowledge but at the same time i would like it there and learn how to maintain a reef not build one.

its like learning how to drive. you dont build your 1st car then learn to drive if you can relate that to marine keeping.

7. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

welcome buddy,

the main and most important ingredient here is paitence.. money and knowledge are a close second and 3rd in reality..

id suggest the following, post a picture of your existing system and find a picture on the net or somewhere of what you want to achieve.. try be realistic and specific in terms of rockwork and fish to be kept etc tec..

the more we know about the system the better we can advise you..

i know im a little far but if you wanted i could talk you through a few things on the phone..

give it a bash, you will find a support group here that will have your best interests at heart..

Recent Posts