looking for an Inverter

Reaction score
Hi im looking for a pure signwave inverter 300w should be fine if any one could please help

Current Automation

Why pure, i have a modified one with filter and no issues for months.
Return pumps are induction pumps so not really affected

Ok dallasg ive got a Lifetech ip2000 would a normal sign wave inverter work and i would only need a 300w one dont have much draw on it .

Yip, to work out wattage needed take your return pump and double the wattage as i find they draw double on startup, but if its online inverter should be fine for return and heater, but i got a 50w heater from builders warehouse for R100 and works well to maintain heat in my 400L

I will check inverter specs in the morning

It was a 50/50 chance i was remembering the correct one :)

cant find any info on it

hi all, i'm adding to this post hoping someone will still read it :)

i'm looking for an inverter to keep my tank running when eskom cuts the power again, but i have no clue what i should get. i cant get a gene cause i live in a complex. i doubt they'd be happy :)

i have a red sea max 130 with a vortex, so i dont have to worry about sumps and return pumps etc. i dont know how much wattage it uses to run everything, i'll have a look on the site and see if i can figure it out.

what do you guys recommend? i saw a post for a "2000W 12V DC to 220V AC Inverter" in an ad, and i've seen some other inverters that are like 300w, 600w and 1200w.

we're planning on keeping plugged in between the tank and the mains, so its constantly charging, unless of course, that a bad idea, i dont know.

what do you guys suggest for my size tank?

any and all advice and suggestions are welcome :)

thanks in advance

Pure sinewave is better were modified sinewave is cheaper.

Go for pure. Some things might be noisy, vibrations or overheat on modified. Not all products, but things like gate motors that must go both ways have issues.

That is my knowledge gained for today. Yes, I'm also looking around

So who know their inverter stuff?

Think of getting he following to power 45w return & 2xmp10 (18w each):

Mean well TS200 /TS400 (Both are True Sine) (200w and 400w)
Ctek MXS 5.0 smart battery charger
and of course a Deep cycle 105aH 12V battery

Only thing Im not sure of do these inverters automatically change the power source to the battery when the power goes out
@dallasg

Last edited by a moderator:
So who know their inverter stuff?

Think of getting he following to power 45w return & 2xmp10 (18w each):

Mean well TS200 /TS400 (Both are True Sine) (200w and 400w)
Ctek MXS 5.0 smart battery charger
and of course a Deep cycle 105aH 12V battery

Only thing Im not sure of do these inverters automatically change the power source to the battery when the power goes out
@dallasg

mine doo, you will see it on sat :)

no need for pure-sine wave as these run them perfectly, there are a few reefers who use them and no issues at all, i think @Adee uses one as well

I have the 2000w modified sine wave invertor from 12v to 220v running of a 105ah deep cycle battery. Automatically switches over when Eishkom cuts it and switches back on reconnection, thereafter charging the battery and conditions it. I just use it to power my hailea 6530 return and OTP2000 skimmer pump. Ran 9 hours the one day.

Also be careful - have a look at batteries - lead acid vs silver calcium

@Clownfish9906 what happens if you use the wrong battery? And what does one have to find in the specs to find out which battery it supposed to be?

@Toolboysa

I dont think there is anything wrong with either - just the way the battery charges and what the charger is built to charge. Its more about efficiency than anything else...

I got the "Ellies" special as Dallas said....think I paid R2700 for it. 1200w inverter with 2x 12v deep cycle no maintenance batteries. Its modified sine-wave...In my old tank I ran a haliea 6550 return pump off it, current tank I run a MD70 return pump off it. Saved my bacon many a time, best buy I made for my tank.

hi guys, we're still looking for a supplier to get an inverter. our power is out right now. so the man is rushing around frantically. cause i'm at work so there's no one to oxygenate the water

someone in another post mentioned builders warehouse, any other places we can go?

we're in jhb.

he went to a place called recifier in kyasands or midrand, cant recall, they only do the big inverters.

so pls pls pls guys, help :)

thanks

Back
Top Bottom