[wtd] Looking for a variety of fish ( Pretoria )

Reaction score
I have recently started a marine tank and ready to start acquiring some fish. Looking for a blonde Naso, trigger fish, Kole Tang, Achilles Tang, blue spotted jaw fish, purple tang.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I hope u don't plan to add all at once. Also I would add the Achilles first before all the others cause they are ws prone and and will bullied and will die

Reaction score
I hope u don't plan to add all at once. Also I would add the Achilles first before all the others cause they are ws prone and and will bullied and will die
Not all in one go lol, but felt it was better to ask for everything one time. Is the Achilles very prone to ws? Would you recommend getting myself a UV light?

Reaction score
Yes I would. But I suggest add him first and then the others after. Left him be the boss

Reaction score
Those Achilles tangs maybe come past once a year. if you lucky twice. If you not fast enough you might wait two years before you start stocking with fish....lol

RiaanP

Reaction score
How big is your tank. Most of those listed would prefer 500L plus.

RiaanP

Reaction score
I do have a Blond Naso and purple. My opinion is that the blond need a lot more space than a purple. A lot more than any of my other tangs. Any tank shorter than 1.2m is not suited for a blond naso.

Reaction score
Aren't Archilles aggressive towards other Tangs and Surgeonfish, ?

Last edited:

RiaanP

Reaction score
Will also depend on their sizes. Smaller fish will be bullied. OK some are like small dogs that think they are big. Like Powder Blues, they will take on bigger tangs than themselves. Need a tank big enough to get away with ample hiding spots or just be able to get out of view.

Although not always the solution. I got a 3.2m tank and that was too small for 2 female ocealaris clowns.

Top Bottom