Looking for a name

Discussion in 'Marine Fish Discussions' started by gawarncke, 25 Mar 2009.

1. gawarncke

gawarncke

Hi there guys,

I was hoping someone could help me identify one of my fishes. If you look at my tank Garth Warnckes new tank in the full tank forum you will see there is a pretty long blue - green fish with a really long nose. It has some simularities to a fox face.

The guy at the pet store couldn't give me a name or I couldn't remember him giving me a name for it.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. scubaninja

scubaninja

what pic? dont see it

4. scubaninja

scubaninja

ok wait. i see it now. that is a bird wrasse. be carefull with it as they grow large and are predators. But in a 2m tank you should be fine. just watch it with smaller fish

5. crispin

crispin

but you are planning a total preadtor tank arent you garth? those bird wrasses are fantastic fish, incredible to watch swim up and down and that 2m will be a great size tank for it, although it shouldnt be in there yet.

6. Tony

Tony

Definately a bird wrasee from the description

7. gawarncke

gawarncke Thread Starter

Thanks crispin and tony.

Ya look, as I constantly ask questions I realise I have been taken for quite an idiot by the guys that sold me the equipment and hardware.
    U see they see that I really am excited about this and I am willing to spend lots of money so they try and make a quick buck. However I am going to keep asking questions on this site even if it makes you guys blue in the face but I won't allow these so called fish lovers to rip me off by selling me something that I can't put in the tank or that is not ready for the tank.

Im actually gonna have a lovely chat with they sales people and managers of these pet stores.

But thanks guys.
    Every little bit helps.

8. scubaninja

scubaninja

your welcome:whistling:

9. crispin

crispin

actually fella, from your equipmen t list they have sold you some great stuff. we just need to get you understanding how to use it.

no point in driving a sports car in the rain and rear ending it....which is close to what you are headed for :)

10. Mike

Mike Retired Moderator

Hi Garth, sorry to hear your first steps into this fantastic hobby have been hijacked by bad advice, don't stop with the questions, that's why we're here, good luck from here on in dude.:)

11. gawarncke

gawarncke Thread Starter

Thanks for all the advice so far guys. Crispin, you see when i spoke to these guys I told them money was no issue and what my ultimate goal was at the end of the day. However from some of the comments I have received my lighting isin't suffiecent and I had to literally remove the top piece of my sump to get the protein skimmer in. So in a way I am still a bit peeved by some of the equipment I bought but whats the use moaning... right!

12. crispin

crispin

lots of point in moaning fella, makes one feel much better to get it off your chest :)

can we have a full set of pics of your tank garth, lets see just what you need to do so that you are armed with info next time you visit them :)

can we have a pic of the sump, and if needed of the sections you have to change to get skimmer in.

can we have a pic of the lights off, see the placement of the bulbs.

i know we have a fts, but can you get one standing square on to the tank for us :)

13. gawarncke

gawarncke Thread Starter

Crispin if you can give me an hour or two. Just busy nursing my two sick kids. Gonna start posting the pics onto the private forum as of just now. Feel like a dog with my tale between my legs.

Will post a few close ups of the tank live stock and then the pics i posted of the sump was the best pics i could get. I will post a drawn image of it. And show you where I lifted the silicone to get the skimmer in.

The lights I will do aswell so you can see what i have in there.

Thanks again

14. crispin

crispin

perfect garth, we have lots of time :)

go look after little unns and we can start looking at helping you later.

give us a month or tow and you'll have lifted your tail and be far more confident :)

MASA really does have a fantastic brains trust and we'll do all we can to help and support you :)

15. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

Good show in the assistance and wise words given, Crispin! Garth - don't you worry - soon we will have you, and your tank, SORTED!

16. gawarncke

gawarncke Thread Starter

Thanks Jacque

Really appreciate it. I have posted a hand drawn pic of my sump in the private forum. Will u be able to check it out and let me know what u think please!!

And if any alterations needed then some advice!

Thanks again!!!

17. crispin

crispin

hey Garth, just bumping this thread and wondering how your tanks going?

Recent Posts