[wtd] looking for 12V 7.2AH

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by RiaanP, 3 Nov 2012.

1. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

The inverter I got run with these.
    I need 16 of them, anybody knows where I can find a shop that sells them at a acceptable price. And Centurion - Pretoria then Joburg areas.

Best price I got is R148 each.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. JeffM

JeffM

Hi Riaan

That is a standard size sealed lead acid batt used for most applications, alarms, etc and stocked at all security stores and some hardware stores.

There is a place in Joburg that has them at a better price, I will PM you the details.

4. chikaboo

chikaboo

mmmm Being in the electronic security industry from 93 let me just tell you get what you pay for ..... especially with batteries .... Since you close to Lanzo there is a shop near him that is one of our main distributors ... I need to talk to the manager of the branch we deal with to make arrangements to give trade price on 16 of a "good" quality battery .... Just give me till Monday mid day to speak to him ... we will make them believe you buying them on my behalf .... You can pay them direct ... You will be my "technician" for Monday busy with ..... a few alarm systems and electric fencing in Centurion:tt2: .... Let me know via PM if you want to go this route .... Could even go a little higher on the amperage per hour so they last longer in a power outage .... maybe 9 A/H

Last edited: 3 Nov 2012
  5. ShirazA

ShirazA

Bought 1 last week for my gate motor from a place called cameratron - R95 ea. went to the branch in bruma - Not sure where all the branches are - check their website

6. CarlosF

CarlosF

i can get at about 130 a pop

7. chikaboo

chikaboo

Shot bud got Pm's .... Do you want to postpone untill later on to organise?Will sms you details early tomorrow ..... Can take it from there whats convenient for you .....

8. chikaboo

chikaboo

Ok spoke to my supplier and getting the quotes just now .... no hassle to collect from their Centurion branch and will email you the paperwork ..... BUT ...... spoke the guys in technical and said we must be very carefull as they need more specs to be sure there is no damage on your charging module in the ups or the batteries themselves ..... So looking for maybe a pic of the battery itself where the specs of the batt is clearly visible and the rear of the ups where there should be a sticker with charge rate values and duty cycles of the recommended batteries (or any other specs) make model of ups .... the more info we have the less chance of putting the wrong stuff in .... the last thing you want is buying 16 batts even at 40 bucks from some fong kong shop and then damaging the ups and then the cherry ontop with be all livestock lost coz the ups doesnt work when you need it the most ...... Hope this makes sense bud ..... remember we dont need a backup for your backup ....... lets do it right first time round .....

9. RiaanP

RiaanP Thread Starter Moderator

OK
    Type is Ferro
    Model/VA 5000VA

AC input 230
    AC output 230
    D.C. input 96
    Battery 16*12*7.2ah
    input regulator +- 15%
    Output Regulator +- 5%
    Frequency 50Hz

Originally from company UPS warehouse, but it seems they closed down. I cannot get more info on them.
    But it is a Pure Sinewave inverter.

10. RiaanP

RiaanP Thread Starter Moderator

Recent Posts