Long nosed butterfly feeding

Discussion in 'Fish Discussions' started by crispin, 27 Aug 2008.

1. crispin

crispin

hey guys I have a strange question based on a blurry eyed observation this morn.

i woke early and the blue ati just came on so i wondered over to my tank to watch my copperband and long nosed butterfly hunting together. It almost looked planned as one would find a group of still retracted zoa's and start disturbing the base.Pods and things were swimming out as the other chomped them.

i was facinated and watched closer, the CBB going in and the butterfly holding off and then the other way round.

then i watched the long nose stop, look deep and grab a slightly brown flattish thing that I would have swarn was a small nudibranch from deep in the pollops.

Is it possible that he would eat a nudibranch?

seems like something is hitting the aptasia, but i am not sure who:)

2. Guest

3. Warr7207

Warr7207

CBB would cane the Aiptasia. Probably not a nudi but rather a Stomatella

4. OP
    crispin

crispin

it was the long nosed, and def no shell on it, also very small, gone in a flash.

Recent Posts