locally supplied leds for lps

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Rabbid dawg, 6 May 2015.

1. Rabbid dawg

Rabbid dawg

Im planning my first proper marine tank and its going to be 240x100x60h the problem I've run into is lightning. So I was thinking of going diy. I've used the locally supplied leds from pe quite successfully on my planted tanks but was wondering if anyone has successfully kept lps or perhaps a anemone under these leds. My planned setup would be 50/50 cool while 6500k and blue.
    or cool white royal blue.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. JS

JS

They work fine. Just make sure you get the 3watt leds from Johan. the 1watts lack a little punch.

4. Rabbid dawg

Rabbid dawg Thread Starter

Thanks JS. Are you using them yourself? And what colour combination?

5. JS

JS

Hi. I use to use them on my old 1.5m tank...and was basically usi g a 50 50 split....cool white to royal blue. I now have a much smaller tank...so just running a 24w t5 unit. You can also search "sebastians deep blue" saaid uses Johans leds on his mobster tank...and works great. johan also sell cool little 5 channel cobtroller now for cheap...so you can adjust the different channels... so that open up the door to full spectrum units... send him a mail...he is very helpfull.

Rabbid dawg likes this.
  6. CameL

CameL

Who is johan you speak of?

7. Rabbid dawg

Rabbid dawg Thread Starter

Johan is the guy in pe that sells the leds. Thank you JS. Im definitely getting the controller.

Recent Posts