Local Fish

Discussion in 'Diving, Collecting and Environmental Discussions' started by macfly, 23 Dec 2015.

1. macfly

macfly

Hi Masa, Merry Xmas to all.

One of my favourite part of this hobby is the ability to go diving/puddle hopping searching for elusive / rare fishes. In the past with a bigger aquarium it was pretty easy for me to know what I was looking for: Gem, Emperor, Jumping bean and one or two of the special butterflies.

This time round however I have a AM102 - 120l nano, so the choices aren't clear cut. It isn't my intention to only stock local species, however as I enjoy the hunt, I would like to try put one or two special local reef safe fish in my tank.

With all the wisdom on Masa, I was hoping to get some ideas of local species that would fit the bill. When collecting, I prefer to have one or two specific fish in mind that I hunt for so that I do not just catch randomly.

Thanks in advance for the assistance - hope there are some fishes worth searching for.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

A lot of the small fish found in the rock pools are juveniles of monsters. As far as a 120L system goes. Not sure myself of any suitable fish from rockpools for that size tank. Maybe a goby fish. But then must make sure its not a klipvis juvenile.

Recent Posts