Lobster...

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by saaid, 17 Jul 2011.

1. saaid

saaid

hi guys,was doing a little clean up earlier (battling with cyano for 2 weeks now,dosing with NOPOX) and i found 2 critters. 1 being a white crab (about a pea size) with purple pincers and 2 being a or i assume a baby red lobster! i couldnt take a pic,hands were wet but watched them dissapear again. i believe they are a travelers from some LR i bought. there is another crab which i cant ID as he only comes out at night and i view him with a mini mag blue led light. anybody else experience such weird findings?:eek:

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Theo

Theo

Hello and welcome saaid. See if you cant post pictures of it.... Sounds like a interesting find, would like to see it. I had the same experience once. was doing some scaping when I found this navy blue and neon blue lobster like thing on a rock. also came from some LR...

4. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Normally crabs are not nice to have hitch hikers. OK when small, but can be a problem when big. So if you can, remove them, and sump them. Or give to somebody who wants live food for his eel.

5. AfricaOffroad

AfricaOffroad

You probably saw a type of pistol shrimp

6. Tremayn

Tremayn

or even a mantis.. I think you should set a trap for the crabs. Place a glass at a 45degree angle and put a piece of fish in it. The crabs will walk in but wont be able to exit

7. Alan

Alan Admin

Good advice above, rather remove these hitchikers before they get too large and start causing all sorts of hassels in the display.

Recent Posts