Load Shedding Issues

Discussion in 'Power cuts' started by ziguri, 5 Dec 2014.

1. ziguri

ziguri

So, we are getting power cuts for up to 4 hours a day. When im home, im able to stir the water up a bit etc, but i have no control when im at work etc.

My fish seemed to have been living healthily through the power cuts. However, this morning when i switched the lights on, both my triggerfish were extremely skittish, as well as my foxface. I went home during lunch to check up on them and the triggers were still skittish. Hiding almost all the time and seeming very scared every time i walk into the room. The foxface seemed a bit better, but the coral beauty also seeming a little skittish. Other fish are a bit better, but the chromis are hiding and the clowns just swimming near a piece of live rock. Goby, mandarin and damsel seem 100%.

So my question is, what would cause the sudden change in behaviour? could it be the times the lights have been on etc changing, or something worse? I had time to quickly test ammonia and nitrate and they are in order.

On a side note, what should i be checking for and what are some of the best practices i should be following to deal with these load shedding incidents?

Any help is appreciated, thanks

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

At worst. Maybe check for whitespot.

If the lights go out suddenly, they will get a freight, but should overcome it within 10 minutes.

4. ziguri

ziguri Thread Starter

Ive looked for WS, but see no signs. The triggers have been spooked since the morning.. and they didnt calm down by the afternoon when i saw them again. One of the triggers was darting towards the surface and then darting back down into its cave every time i walked to looked into the tank. Hopefully they will calm down again.

Btw, just after i left the house, the lights tripped again and i only had the garage remote lol.. so i got locked out of the house and couldnt go back in to check on them.. fingers crossed.

5. seank

seank

I am sooooo over the long periods of load shedding lately.... Even my fake corals are taking strain... :whistling:

Recent Posts