Live sand

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I would like to ask if anyone would be able to "lend" :whistling: me
A cup of live sand, the reason i ask is because my sleeper goby depleted my sand of live and hes starting to look thin.

Its tough having a tank in the "droë vrystaat" :biggrin: so any help is much appreciated!!

RiaanP

Reaction score
a cup of sand will not be able to re-establish a live sand bed before the goby eat them up again.

Hopefully he would take on some flakes. Good luck with that.

butcherman

Reaction score
my sleeper goby depleted my sand of live and hes starting to look thin.
have you dewormed him? almost all gobies come in with parasites. only thing is in the ocean they can eat enough to sustain both, in small tanks they can not.

Reaction score
have you dewormed him? almost all gobies come in with parasites. only thing is in the ocean they can eat enough to sustain both, in small tanks they can not.
Must say this is the first time I read about deworming gobies......How does one do it? Is there specific medication one feed them?

Reaction score
Jammer ouens, I did deworm him with maxilint but since my post the goby passed on unfortunately.. My first loss since starting in the hobby over a year ago, but I don't think I will get another Sand sifter type animal.

But thanks for all the replies! Makes the hobby so much easier having people to ask for advice!!!

Top Bottom