Live Rock Stand

Y use pvc piping? I just cutt a few plastic crates up and stack the live rock around and ontop of it...

Why make a stand? Why not go natural and build up rockery with liverock and pratleys?:thumbup:

what type of stand do you want? i made a box shaped one. If you're gonna make a stand, put a connection on it somewhere so that you can run a pump to flow water through the stand, and you drill little holes over the stand to increase the flow in your tank. give me a second and i'll upload the pic

this is it before i did some mods-made it a bit smaller to fit in the tank better etc
104748d7b537c5ffb.jpg

That is an awesome stand! Almost like a portable CLS inside your tank!

This is what I built thus far. rough sketch

The Horizontal and vertical lines will be piping with holes in them for circulation underneath the stand. I got a 2500lph pump to power the stand (overkill?) Dont want detrititus build up under the stand

Hi Keyaam - email to me: jbotha01@gmail.com

I will post it for you.

Alternatively - click on "Go Advanced", and then at the bottom right of the advanced window, under the smilies, you will see "Quick Upload".....
You will be presented with a popup window where you Browse for your pic.... Just take into account that the pics should be smaller than 800x800 or smaller than 150KB in size.....

Last edited by a moderator:
That's cool Mek :) , did you work out the amount of holes in the stand to match the pump capacity? Why I ask this, wouldn't you get a lot of "back pressure" on the pump if there are not enough holes or if the diameters aren't right to match the same size pipe that is used to give optimum flow for that pump?

are the bottoms of the T pieces closed or open?

Back
Top Bottom