Live Rock Replica

Storm

Chromis
Reaction score
To all the Sponsors. Do any of you sell a replica of live rock which is cheap and shippable? With the current market I cant afford LR R180 per KG... In turn my Aquascaping is, well... suffering as a result. Looking for nice big pieces which are suited for reefing (Perches ect). So yea if anybody could help me out would appreciate it, pics/prices welcome.

leslie hempel

Sponsor
Reaction score
just remember that there is zero denitrification offered by this rock as it is not porus and allow for this function to be performed by another method of filtration (DSB, Denitrator etc) but it is nice;)

Storm

Chromis
Reaction score
leslie I considered giving you a call regarding live rock, but then I had that little voice in the back of my mind shouting "Aptasia"... And yea I understand it has little to none filtration value, but at this point im going for looks over filtration. The LR i have can "try" and seed what i purchase. But i cant spend R2000 for 10KGs atm... Besides i need to buy new diving equipment, flippers, wetsuite ect...

Storm

Chromis
Reaction score
Yea I think I should consider a DIY. Ive tried some sponsors but they don't reply (And ive been waiting a good few days now...) Anyways lv u have your own DIY Live Rock you wish to sell?

lv

Hermit Crab
Reaction score
Sorry storm, I'm not selling any. But I will be able to advise you on the topic and I know a few suppliers as well. The problem is they aren't sponsors, so there names and numbers will be deleted by the mods.