Live Foods

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Hi Liaquat

Regarding your posts in the Guppies thread

I am desperate to obtain a Copperbanded Butterflyfish, however due to it's feeding behaviour I am reluctant.

Do you provide any type of live food that would assist in maintaining/sustaining one of these fish?

Thanks.

If not, maybe you have some advice that would help in keeping these fish alive, thanks.

I would also love to keep one of these but will not get one unless there is a 90% chance I can feed it? ?

A few options for y'all CBB fans..

I am desperate to obtain a Copperbanded Butterflyfish, however due to it's feeding behaviour I am reluctant.

Do you provide any type of live food that would assist in maintaining/sustaining one of these fish?
If u make Prepaid advance deposit against fish. Transferable to next specimen if unsuitable.

Dean/SIMS, I can obtain CBB and maintain for 2-3wks SPECIALLY for you.

If not, maybe you have some advice that would help in keeping these fish alive, thanks.
If sturdy, and eating foods offered, I can send them up to you.

My sources/methods are different to most in RSA.

Live food is NOT part of their menu at AQuality.

Usually a chunk of mussel(in shell) tempts them, as well as BLOODWORM,sometimes Artemia, or Mysis then moved onto granulate/pellets. Most foods will be fortified with ReefPlus.

I lace diet with GarlicGuard, or Entice to lure fish into eating nutritionally suitable, or more than 1 food item.

I would also love to keep one of these but will not get one unless there is a 90% chance I can feed it? ?
OH, I include enough food to cover another 2 weeks feeding, when I send them out.

This gives you opportunity to wean or continue , if you want to.

I'd say my CBB survival rate is most satisfactory.

gnocchips@yahoo.com
if you want to try this route.

For the above-mentioned reasons/time/effort, obviously my livestock prices are more, but well worth it.

Coolio

erm....

Viper357
I only have 2, maximum 3 aiptasia..but they're just for educational/demo purposes

:razz:.

Seriously though, prepared foods are MORE nutritionally complete, and LESS needs to be offered.

I ALWAYS try to include a well-designed option.

SOON - maybe 2-3 months - I'll have something UNCONVENTIONAL to offer in the prepared food stakes.

It will assist regal angels, moorish idols, some butterflies, surgeons,anthias a FIGHTING chance at captive survival.

ciao4now!

Well that sounds really great.

Will contact you via email once the IMACSA rush is over. Thank You :thumbup:

My quarantine facility is revving up again.
POST imacsa

Building up stockholding capacity.

Dean, when you're ready for CBB?

Let me know, I'll prepare for them in advance

Sounds good, thanks.

I reckon another 3 or 4 weeks and my tank should be ready.

Unless the CBB eats hair algae. Then he can go to Dean straight away :p

Liaquat I will definatly be keen on one, probably closer to 6-8 weeks for me....

Back
Top Bottom