Little starfish

Reaction score
Hi everyone - can anyone advise me if the millions of little pale blue starfish are OK th have in a tank. They have quite short fingers and some look deformed with only 3 fingers. size 2 to 3mm. Thank you

Yes they are a good sign your tank is healthy.

Hi Copperpenny - please post a picture of the starfish?
Also - how new is your tank? Starfish lives of detritus - if the tank is too new, then there is not enough detritus to sustain a starfish.

thank you. The tank has been going for 2 years. oh yes i meant to ask what is detritus and post a pic I dont think so. Need to learn the drill
and some people are not so OK on computers so it will take a while.

Last edited:
thank you. The tank has been going for 2 years. oh yes i meant to ask what is detritus and post a pic I dont think so. Need to learn the drill
and some people are not so OK on computers so it will take a while.

detritus is fish poo or any uneaten food in your tank, it could also be anything dead - basically the crap in the bottom of your tank:)

Hi Copperpenny - detritus is the crap that is formed from the fish's crap, and old food, that is not eaten....

Is it possible to post a picture? The picture should be resized (made smaller), and then, just look RIGHT in the centre, below the QUICK REPLY area - for "QUICK UPLOAD".... click on this, you will be prompted with a popup.... click on "BROWSE", select the file you resized, then click on "OK", and then on the link "HOST IT"......

Back
Top Bottom