Little black snail thingy thing something

Reaction score
Could someone please tell me what this is and if it should be in my tank or not.Thanks
67248e8fc49502e7.jpg

It looks like a stomatella snail - more like a slug with a finger nail on it's back, but a snail none the less, 99% good guys, harmless detrivore and very handy freebie, but i have heard the dark coloured ones can nibble on corals, but give it the benifit of the doubt.

I have a funny story about one of these I had in my tank... I was trying to get it off a rock so I could move it to another tank and it dropped it's "tail" (like a lizard) and it stuck to me. At the time I was unaware of this survival mechanism and I started screaming like a little girl because I couldn't get it off me! lol

I have a funny story about one of these I had in my tank... I was trying to get it off a rock so I could move it to another tank and it dropped it's "tail" (like a lizard) and it stuck to me. At the time I was unaware of this survival mechanism and I started screaming like a little girl because I couldn't get it off me! lol

Hi Sihaya, nice to see you, that must have been funny (afterwards) i had no idea they did that:)

Hey Sihaya.
0002006E.gif
So what happened after that,did it grow another one or what?

sig.gif

I do think they grow back... just takes awhile. :)

Happened to me as well, a couple of times :p

When I cleaned my sump or refugium I removed them from the glass and some of them shed their tail and it also stuck to my finger :)

Back
Top Bottom