Like to know how to solve algea problems

Reaction score
hi to everyone.
i have started a marine aquarium and its been running for 2 and a half months but im having a problem of getting rid of the algea on the glass. please help.currently i have a yellow tang, tamatoe clown , damsel and a gobbie i also have mushroom coral. thanks

Welcome to MASA, could u possibly post some pictures or more information about your tank? the more info we have the better we can help you.

welcometomasadajicorp

When you say you have a problem with algae on the glass, have you tried to remove it ?

Glass scraper, magnetic glass cleaners are essential equipment in this hobby. I clean my front pane once a day and sides panes twice a week.

If you have excessive algae all over the tank, then there is a water parameter problem.

Do you do water changes and how frequently ?

How often do you feed ?

Hi,
Firstly, congratz on the tank and welcome to MASA.
Now to business, could you please give us more info - what size tank do you have, what equipment, ... . Remember your tank is still new and still needs to settle - this takes up to 6 months maybe more. With my tank i now only clean the glass once a month and for my tank i am seriously stocked. From your stock indications above, you did not indicate a clean up crew (CUC) which mainly consists of snails (to help clean the glass) and hermit crabs to help eat left over food also brittle stars and ... . If you do not have these, then please go get some. Also test your water and tell us what your parameters are.

once you tell us this, we can better assist.

enjoy

shan

Welcome to the forum. Can you describe what the algae looks like, is it long and stringy or is it like very hard dots on the glass, what colour is it etc.? Pics would be a great help.

Back
Top Bottom