Lighty's New 110g Tank

Reaction score
Hi Friends

For all those who where following my Tank and Sump Design thread, Tank and Sump Design - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

Well it no longer just a design on paper (or the HDD), its now glass and water...

Specs

Tank
  • 1.4m x 0.6m x 0.55m (LxWxH)
  • 420 lts
  • 10mm glass with 12mm Euro bracing
  • Galvanised stand (40x40 square tubing)
Sump (Fully inclosed)
  • 1m x 0.5m x 0.6m (LxWxH)
  • 75 lts - normal water level
  • 65 lts - Extra water capacity (incase of power failure, before overflowing)
  • 28 lts - Built in RO Reservoir
  • 20 lts - Built in refugium
  • 3000cm2 / 0.3 m2 - DSB surface Area (15cm deep)
  • 70mm - Water height above DSB ( which can be use as a refugium too)

Georgeous.......... And the tank too...:lol: :razz: :lol:

39247d2eee1ee185.jpg

(This was taken at 1AM, 4hrs after I had started to carry 580lts of FSW up a flight of stairs - say no more, the body was not too happy!):(

The Overflow, still need to finnish the return piping.

39247d2f1b7d2afb.jpg

And the Engine Room.:thumbup:

39247d2f34229724.jpg

So whats left to do?

Canopy, Stand doors, Lighting, Control panel, Rock stands, Moving contents from old tank, DIY controller.............. Well you can see where this is going :whistling:

So what you think?:biggrin:

Very nice lIghty. :thumbup::thumbup:

Your volume should be 460l - 120g with 1.4m x 0.6m x 0.55m (LxWxH) dimensions.

Enjoy

Hey CONGRATS Lighty! A well planned tank always turns out to be an awesome tank...

Thank for the kind comments.

Just pick up some lights NP, got 2x AM Reefblue-? and 1x AM 10k. Will get a further 1x AM 10k (when they get stock), and 2x ATI 16k and 1x fuji purple and 1x 12k later on.

What's your take on this? 8x T5 should be enough?

lIghty - awesome setup. Lights sound good

I'd suggest getting another ATI T5 instead of that AM 10k that isn't even in stock... 8*T5's is definitely enough especially if some of them are ATI.

I think 8xT5's is cool...I'm going with 8xt5's over a 1480x850x700 LWH...

Tanks is looking good. I like the sump area...

Just thinking, do you think that only 2x blue will be enough? or if I had to put 2x 16k ATI, would that complament it enough?

Thats looking good. look forward to see it up and running. I would lengthen that durso. It will reduce the trickling noise

lIghty looking real good, Well done it still going to be Tank of the Month in the future:thumbup:

Congratulations, lIghty - this will surely become a VERY nice tank :) :)

It's fun doing it yourself, hey...

Hennie

The lighting sounds good, please remember reflectors play a very important role here.
PS, nice bumping into you today.

lIghty - the lighting sounds more than ample, AND I think that 2 x blue might just be borderline.... Just enough.... perhaps you would want to add one more blue... Depending if you want your tank having more of a white than a blue hue, or otherwise slightly more blue-ish...

lIghty - the lighting sounds more than ample, AND I think that 2 x blue might just be borderline.... Just enough.... perhaps you would want to add one more blue... Depending if you want your tank having more of a white than a blue hue, or otherwise slightly more blue-ish...

Will see how it goes and change if need be

The lighting sounds good, please remember reflectors play a very important role here.
PS, nice bumping into you today.

Noted, forgot that. Always nice meeting people

Congratulations, lIghty - this will surely become a VERY nice tank :) :)

It's fun doing it yourself, hey...

Hennie

Is this when I'm meant to nod and say YES ???:lol: Jokes, it is fun

lIghty looking real good, Well done it still going to be Tank of the Month in the future:thumbup:

Hopefully one day:)

Thanks for all the nice comments friends:)

Well now that all looks pretty cool, well done, keep us posted as you go along.

Back
Top Bottom