Lighting

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Scrap Gus, 26 Mar 2013.

1. Scrap Gus

Scrap Gus

Hi Guys

I have a L3.2m x W1.0m x D0.8m tank and am currently running 4 Radion XR30w, I have created 4 pinacles under the lights and a small gap inbetween for the lower light critters, is this sufficient and any suggestions on artificial settings to use. I have quite a few Lps corals most look ok colours a bit dull and some look to be showing signs of bleeching, not sure if too much light or too little.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nemeziz_za

Nemeziz_za

Hi Scrap,

Your tank is very similar to my dimensions, only difference is I'm running 1m deep. I too am using Gen1 Radions.

Coral placement with only 4 units will be important, but a nice creative challenge.

On the ecotech forums some guys have shared their lighting profiles. The software is pretty easy to use, don't be scared to play around.

4. Scrap Gus

Scrap Gus Thread Starter

Thanks Bud, how many lights you run in your system

5. Scrap Gus

Scrap Gus Thread Starter

A pic of my tank

SAM_0304.JPG

6. Dre

Dre

The colour of your corals are awesome. I am a newbie and I really want to get a setup like that for my tank. Awesome tank!!

7. Scrap Gus

Scrap Gus Thread Starter

Thanks bud been a headache and still is. I am of the oppinion right now that smaller tanks are so much easier to maintain.

8. Nemeziz_za

Nemeziz_za

Scraps tell us a little bit more about your system man.

9. Scrap Gus

Scrap Gus Thread Starter

Display tank is as described. Overflow from display is split and runs through a 500l JoJo tank sort of undergravel filtre (1/3) ramaining goes through a 200l drum with a 1.2m DSB will eventually grow mangroves in there (1/3) last third plus other 2 thirds then run into an outside tank (the pond 3700l) which is 100% natural only blue LEDs for night and pumps to circulate. from there it runs into a sump with LR and returned to another sump (both 300l capacity).here I have all the probes for the profilux and then returned to main display.
    I also have a suction from main display to a top refugium/??? ( size 3m x .5m x .5m) running through a octopus skimmer (the biggest 1 availadle) here i also have a DSB as well as LR then returned through the chiller to main display

Recent Posts