Lighting

hey Shaun, in my opinion i think it is generally better to get the t5 lighting units that you will see at a lfs. i think i saw that you have a 1.2m tank, so the 4x 54w units will be good for softies and some lps. when you go DIY it may be a bit cheaper but you need to include the ballasts which are generally 2x54W so two of these, then reflectors are important as they increase your light gain by something like 80%, then ofcourse the bulbs themselves, generally 2x 10 000k and 2x actinic.
buying a built unit also generally looks much neater unless your DIY skills are great or you are looking for at doing something specific.
as for the phillips bulbs, im not sure they will be adequate for tank use, especially if corals are included. im sure any lfs would steer you away from those.

my tank is 920 x 600 x 600

Hi all, im new here so bare with me please. I am new to the marine tank, and I also just got myself the T5 lighting with 4 lights (2 blue 2 White). My tank has the pump, heaters and everything on the side of the tank. Its about 200 litres. The lighting is excellent and i only just found out that i must switch the lights off

Ye because mine I can only switch off 2 lights at a time, one white and one blue and how high must the luights be from the water, and I have a seethrough glass between the lights and the water that can be removed but then to much water evaporates so I leave it on

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom