Lighting question

Reaction score
Having decided my three, M135 ballasts were better suited for mogul based bulbs than the DE HQI ones that came with the pendants, I've decided to go with new relectors and sockets. What does everyone use for reflectors and such, Reef Optix, Lumenmax? I have room for 3 22x22 units over a 180 Oceanic/AGA tank with 2 braces. Thanks, John

Reaction score
Hi there. We don't have those brands here in SA. I believe The most common is a Luminarc copy for single pendants.

2934956f6ca161ba.jpg

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
John - Leigh has it 100% correct. Those or "spider reflectors".....

Just a quick question - are you 100% sure that you would be able to go from DE to SE globes without changing your balasts/control gear?

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Reaction score
Yeah, after some research, I discovered that the M135 pulse start ballasts are actually supposed to run SE bullbs not DE. Hamilton supplied these ballasts when I bought the three Reefstar pendants two years ago. I've decided to go with the Coralvue Lumenbright reflectors. Happy New Years! John

Reaction score
Yearly tradition of staying home on ameteur night! Nice and safe. About -10C tonight, so not too bad. My wife and I usually do the steak and lobster thing on the grill for new years. And I believe the proper application of dark St. Pauli Girl is in order! Peace and love, all, John