Lighting Question

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by amalick, 30 Sep 2009.

1. amalick

amalick

I have been having problems with me leathers for some time now. Too much to explain, but through a process of elimination it seems to be my lighting. I have a Nano plumbed to the same sump as my DT an when I put my leathers in this nano they open and recover within 24 hours under different lighting.

So here is the "stupid" question. How do you know when MH's are done. Do they just fuse like any other typical globe or do they go through a phase where they do damage to stuff first.

I have fairly new aquamedic 150w MH's, but I also have a single MH pendant that I bought from someone that I have no idea how old it is.

For those interest in the essay here is my thread Ashraf's window into the reef - Page 24 - Members Systems and Setups

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. lIghty

lIghty

When Mh are done they generally don't fire up or start going off colour.

I've just had a similar type of problem, when my softies where under T5s they where happy, then when moved under the Mhs they didn't open up much.... I found after dosing Iodine and leaving them to settle which has now taken 2 weeks they seem to be getting better.

Also, make sure you not burning them with the MHs, You'll need to gradually increase photo period back up to normal.

4. amalick

amalick Thread Starter

Ok - So reduce photo period to 1 hour, and then raise by 30mins more per day until normal 6 hour cycle is reached ?

Whats this going to do to my other corals which are all doing wonderfully ?

5. lIghty

lIghty

I would start with about 3hrs and increasing 30mins every second day? just watch how the corals react, if they seem happy maybe a bit quicker. the others will sulk a little but they will recover in no time!

Recent Posts