light spectrum reserch

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by mupwi, 4 Jul 2012.

1. mupwi

mupwi

Hi all some of you that know me know i work for ukzn in the agriculture section.

I am going to be doing a reserch project on difernt lights for use in enhancing plant growth and there runing costs it terms of power cunsumption and bulb replacements over time ect.

I have managed to get acces to a verry expencive spectrometer for this project (R750 000) that can messure from 250nm right up to 1500nm so uv right to infer red and was thinking seeing as I have the equipment I should do the same study on aquerium lights.

would anyone be wiling to participate in this project I am looking for a few systems with difrent lighting mh florecent and led and the difrent brands to take readings from every couple of months.

2. Guest

3. brentch

brentch

Welcome to come to my place, i'm in toti though. I have 10 T5's running ATI globes... Agriculture is in Maritzberg, do you travel every day from Durbs?

4. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

Yes Triple Five Aquariums will be happy to participate in this study. PM me for details and we will discuss options.:thumbup:

5. OP
    mupwi

mupwi

ja agric is in pmb I have moved up here as of the begining of may I stay in pmb monday to friday and in durban over the weekends

6. Draylin

Draylin

Hi , you can come have a look at my led setup next time you are in durbs if you want . Cheers Dray

Recent Posts