Life expectancy of Centropyge Flavissimus

Reaction score
Hi guyz. Just wanted to know if anyone had any success keeping a true lemonpeel angel for a long period. Most websites say they dont do well in captivity and only live for a few months. Please tell me this is not always true. And if there are any tips and tricks one could follow to improve one's chances of success.

OK does ANYONE have a true lemonpeel in their tank!? If so, how long have you had it?

From what I have seen thy are hardy centrepyge
The start eating fast after shipping and do well in shipping

Thy are about the same as coral beautys

Also for a treat you get a rare Indian ocean one from keeling island and Xmas island
The blue ring is on the eye not a round

Looks like a very interesting Fish...from what I gather it's hardy...maybe not considered "Reef Safe"... and I guess the "Life expectancy" of the Fish depends on it's Feeding Requirements...:confused1:
It is very attractive and great for a fish aquarium, but is not always as easy to keep as many other angelfish. Like the Bicolor, the Lemonpeel Angel is a more aggressive pygmy angel and not necessarily a good inhabitant for a reef tank. It tends to feed only on algae and will often nip on corals and other invertebrates, including the mantles of clams. The Lemonpeel is not as hardy starting out in captivity, but sometimes it can actually be more hardy than other dwarf angels once it's established.
they are aggressive for a dwarf angelfish and may pick on less aggressive and smaller tank mates. They need quite a bit of algae to graze on daily, along with several feedings a day. This shows the need for a larger system that can handle such a bio-load.
A decent sized tank, at least 55-60 gallons, with algae growing on live rock is recommended.
It's best not to house them with corals, clams or any other sessile invertebrates. They do have a taste for the slim that protects corals, yet it has been stated that some will leave cnidarians alone.
Lemonpeel Angelfish, Centropyge flavissima, Lemonpeel Dwarf Angelfish

They are really awesome. Magman how much did you pay for yours? A sponsor had one recently but it was R800 :eek: is this the average price for one of these beauts?

I remember seing that indian ocean variant on reefbuilders, its amazing. Aren't the christmas and keelings islands known for rare fish, like the peppermint angel

I remember seing that indian ocean variant on reefbuilders, its amazing. Aren't the christmas and keelings islands known for rare fish, like the peppermint angel

Well a lot of the fish from there are expensive, but not necessarily rare. There are only a few collectors allowed there, so it's a matter of supply and demand. Even super common endemics from there are very pricy.

I'm not sure why lemonpeels are so expensive in SA. They're one of the commoner and cheaper Centropyge overseas. Same price range as coral beauties, pearlscales etc.

Keeling island & Christmas island are known for hybrids and Centropyge jockulator

Then there are Kiribati island ( pacific Christmas island ) where black tangs ( Zebrazoma rostratum ) are colected

Peppermint angels are from Cook island and recently found on one of the Frence polynesian islands

Oh ok. Very interesting. I bet most fish collected in those areas end up in the states :( if anyone come's across a true lemonpeel at an lfs please let me know. I really want to see one in person

Back
Top Bottom