Life expectancy of Centropyge Flavissimus

Discussion in 'Marine Fish Discussions' started by Fishman, 30 Mar 2012.

1. Fishman

Fishman

Hi guyz. Just wanted to know if anyone had any success keeping a true lemonpeel angel for a long period. Most websites say they dont do well in captivity and only live for a few months. Please tell me this is not always true. And if there are any tips and tricks one could follow to improve one's chances of success.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Fishman

Fishman Thread Starter

OK does ANYONE have a true lemonpeel in their tank!? If so, how long have you had it?

4. magman

magman

I had one, for a year till I broke the tank down, and it was as tough as nails, maybe I had one that was tough, but otherwise I would never of believed they were delicate, one of the nicest centropyges:p

5. Yuri

Yuri

From what I have seen thy are hardy centrepyge
    The start eating fast after shipping and do well in shipping

Thy are about the same as coral beautys

Also for a treat you get a rare Indian ocean one from keeling island and Xmas island
    The blue ring is on the eye not a round

6. belindamotion

belindamotion Google Master

Looks like a very interesting Fish...from what I gather it's hardy...maybe not considered "Reef Safe"... and I guess the "Life expectancy" of the Fish depends on it's Feeding Requirements...:confused1:
    Lemonpeel Angelfish, Centropyge flavissima, Lemonpeel Dwarf Angelfish

7. Fishman

Fishman Thread Starter

They are really awesome. Magman how much did you pay for yours? A sponsor had one recently but it was R800 :eek: is this the average price for one of these beauts?

8. Fishman

Fishman Thread Starter

I remember seing that indian ocean variant on reefbuilders, its amazing. Aren't the christmas and keelings islands known for rare fish, like the peppermint angel

9. Lord_Blackadder

Lord_Blackadder

Well a lot of the fish from there are expensive, but not necessarily rare. There are only a few collectors allowed there, so it's a matter of supply and demand. Even super common endemics from there are very pricy.

I'm not sure why lemonpeels are so expensive in SA. They're one of the commoner and cheaper Centropyge overseas. Same price range as coral beauties, pearlscales etc.

10. Yuri

Yuri

Keeling island & Christmas island are known for hybrids and Centropyge jockulator

Then there are Kiribati island ( pacific Christmas island ) where black tangs ( Zebrazoma rostratum ) are colected

Peppermint angels are from Cook island and recently found on one of the Frence polynesian islands

11. Fishman

Fishman Thread Starter

Oh ok. Very interesting. I bet most fish collected in those areas end up in the states :( if anyone come's across a true lemonpeel at an lfs please let me know. I really want to see one in person

Recent Posts