LFS service

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by herkie, 13 Sep 2010.

1. herkie

herkie R.I.P.

I was in Gauteng a week or two ago and I feel I have to say something about the service I encountered. The service at some shops was more than excellent but at some of them it was shockingly disappointing and in some cases there was no service.

The intention of this thread is not to throw mud or about creating heroes, I would like to reinforce the fact that all customers are important for your business. I agree any businessman will rather pay more attention to his his bigger customers but on the other hand: Any person that enters your shop is a potential customer or even more importantly - a potential big or loyal customer.

Should all customers not for this same reason receive your undivided attention? Surely your e mail will still be available when the shop is empty and if it is empty is it not the result of no attention?

At one particular outlet I went after an shop assistant to get some product info and the way he answered me made me wonder if I had not mistakenly ask the president of this country for marine product advice! I left and went to the shop where I always get a lot of good advice, attention and where my questions are responded to.

No wonder the shop where I got the very good service seemed to be much busier and better stocked. By the way our local LFS who is famous for saying if you do not buy everything from him and do as he says he will not help you has closed his doors a week or two ago.:wave2:

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Manic

Manic Moderator

Name and shame? Were they sponsors that gave you bad service.

4. herkie

herkie Thread Starter R.I.P.

5. magman

magman

6. teez

teez

agree with you herkie,

the customer might seem small today but if they/we receive good service/advice then we will return to the same LFS. and in turn over long term the "small" customer spends more than the customer that comes in once/twice a month or over a few months and spends a lot of $$$ ...

price is not everything,

7. herkie

Herkie, I believe a new LFS is opening soon in the bay, and will be purely reputation based by honest reefers doing it as a hobby

Very good news Magman! Are you planning to be at home next weekend?

8. magman

magman

I should be, depending on the weather, Sunday mornings we in Church, think next weekend I should be setting up the first batch of the tanks;)

9. chas84

chas84

I agree there are shops that give excellent service and advice - even if one isn't there to buy something straight away (Dorry Pets and Pet Stop) to name two I've been to recently.

BUT... There's another big one here in Pretoria that's famous for bad service and cocky staff (it's not a sponsor)... You go there early on a weekend day and you'll be ignored, but boy oh boy go there 10 minutes before they want to close and you have the manager tailing you and trying her best to get you out of the shop, lol...

10. herkie

chas you said it so right. i know of an ex lfs that was arrogant enough to say 'You do what and how I tell you or I don't help you' He is no more.

11. Mr_G

Mr_G

i get bad service everywhere I go, maybe it is cause Im young, I go into a marine shop, and have a look around, and when I decide I want this, no one is their for service, no one can be seen, so I get ignored, I have even made a rule now, if I dont get service in 3mins, then I wont buy from there, I can understand if there are other customers, but there was non...only me, oh and wait If I go into a shop, not just LFS and the assistands or whatever is busy on the phone with private life stuff, or busy playing cards, I walk out, I may be young, but that doesnt mean Im not a bad customer, if I buy something, I never walk out of a marine petshop with atleast R2k stuff... i dont think the two LFS im talking about is sponsors, but one is in Benoni (worst one) other in boksburg... Yet there is one in boksburg, and the guy treats me like royalty, cause he knows me, always open for a chat, and his shop is so full of customers, its hard to walk around...big ups to him...

Recent Posts