LFS in Oslo Norway

Reaction score
Hi. I went to an lfs shop in Oslo, Norway today. The shops name is Akvariemagasinet and is the oldest in Norway (started up in 1953)
The prices are mutch higher then what you folks have to give down in SA.
Live Rocks in this place goes for kr 198,- Rad 290,-?:whistling:

Anyway here is the pictures:
163049a1b01498d16.jpg

163049a1b0323c4e4.jpg

163049a1b05c10204.jpg

163049a1b079a9f32.jpg

163049a1b09cbfb67.jpg

163049a1b0bf61c6a.jpg

163049a1b0df02bc9.jpg

163049a1b0f8ad523.jpg

163049a1b10d4b8ed.jpg

KR 100,- = Rad 146,-:(

163049a1b12137f2c.jpg

163049a1b133461ba.jpg

Very cool shop, thanks for sharing.

But wow those prices are insane.

Yes Warr7207.

I think it`s the most expencive shop in Norway.
I will by my stuff at an other shop who gives me 15% on LS and 10% on hardware and stuff. Still think it will set me back a bit :whistling:... But i am lost to this salt water stuff:yeahdude:

I will tray to get some photos from that other shop also.

KR 100,- = Rad 146

It is not a good idea to directly translate currencies, as the income in the country would also be in the local currency, and the conversion rate can sometimes make something look ridiculously cheap or expensive...let's rather try and express this in a "universal" currency such as the price of a bottle of Coca Cola.

So, how many Cokes does that foxface cost?

(By the way, the South African currency is called Rand...)

Hennie

R30 for a bottle of water, R83 (give or take) for a soweto peppsi at a bar. Beer is rather expensive here.

but you make a valid point there hennie, but the cost of living is far higher here in norway than sa, id say close of 3.5 to 4 times, but the sllaries dont quite reflect that, about 2.5-3 times taking into account the stronger kroner

thats what the mac index does, compares cost of living to the price of the big Mac :)

nope i dont eat it, i am a vegetarian :) and sensible :)

actually no that wasnt aimed at anyone in particular, but according to you:) keyboard something.....:)

if the hat fits....it will save sun burn :)

@crispin - watch a documentry on discovery last night about Norways hidden water secrets, come amazing ocean and aquatic life there

@crispin - watch a documentry on discovery last night about Norways hidden water secrets, come amazing ocean and aquatic life there
i hear so, my non reefer enjoys diving, but they go down in winter (break through the ice sort of stuff!) as the water is crystal clear then. I missed a chance this year in november to dive with killer whales (they concerntrate after the herring in the western fjords.

i am sure some guys will keep cold water marine tanks here, i will see if i can find out. there was a reef meeting this weekend but it was miles away, so i might make the march one:) i'll let you know

@crispin - watch a documentry on discovery last night about Norways hidden water secrets,......

If you watched it on discovery last night it`s hardly a secret anymore:(
Wonder who it was that told them:lol:

It is not a good idea to directly translate currencies, as the income in the country would also be in the local currency, and the conversion rate can sometimes make something look ridiculously cheap or expensive...let's rather try and express this in a "universal" currency such as the price of a bottle of Coca Cola.

So, how many Cokes does that foxface cost?

(By the way, the South African currency is called Rand...)

Hennie

Point taken Hennie.

The foxface cost 62,5 bottles of 0,5 coke

How many cokes you have to give for it down in SA?

Back
Top Bottom