LFS called it a gladelia

Reaction score
Does anyone know what a gladelia coral is?IMy mom bought one the other day and said that the LFS called it a gladelia coral.It sort of looks like a Kenya tree without the trunk.:huh:

Cladiella - cauliflower coral?

Gladioli - Dame Edna Everage's favourite flowers?

yip a very nice coral i have one in my tank, grows like mad when you dose iodine and loves medium to intense light

other name african bush

Thanks Lanzo.I googled gladelia b ut didnt get one match under coral,maybe it was further on in the 3000000000 matches:)So its the Nepthea sp.I think.:thumbup:I see there are a couple of corals in this familyDendronephthya (Carnation)
Capnella (Kenya Tree)
Lemnalia (Spaghettie Coral, Branch, Tree)
Lithophyton (Tree Coral, African Tree, Branch)
Nephthea (Bush, Nephthea, Tree)
Scleronepthya (Warty Soft Coral, Carnation)

Neither of them is a cladiella soft-coral, Goodisor.... shows you what LFS's know....

Hey there Jaquesb.Are you(or anyone for that matter) able to id that second coral for me yet.I still am not sure what it is.I have taken a small clip,not such good quality but it might show shape and colour a bit clearer.Let me know what you think.I started on the Kenya tree and then over to it.

YouTube - DSC00220

Goodisor - sorry man - but the video is a wee bit out of focus..... Would you possibly be able to take a hi resolution close-up still photo for me? I would really appreciate it.

Yeah it is quite bad.My cellphone doesnt take such good pics and my digital cam is in for repair.Sorry Jaquesb.I'll have to wait a bit.Any guesses as to what it is....You say definitely not a cladiella?

Back
Top Bottom