Lets try this out ....

Neil H

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I have been working on a very small propogation setup for a couple of weeks now....
After all the recent discussions around algae scrubbers i thought i would try my hand at building one. The tank is still cycling, and according to the main scrubber thread for my 90L tank i am completely over specced on the size of the screen!

anyway some pics....

firstly the base, this will stay in the tank (in the DSB) and the scrubber fits onto the top
91149194409bec83.jpg

then some pics of the screen.... bought from builders warehouse .... as you can see the light from my T5 6500K lights the one side of the screen, the other side will have an energy saving light bulb shining on it !

91149194409b9a73.jpg

911491942e189aa3.jpg

911491944099ecda.jpg

The screen has been seeded and the flow looks ok.... so lets see it i can get any good results out of this .....

niel that looks great! was it that easy to do???? :)

can i come have a look ina week or so and see how its going?

i am sure these things have great applications for us, def something i want to concerntrate on and get ideas for

Crispin, i had been mulling through several idea's for the scrubber for some time now, so i had the plan in my head.... from a DIY perspective it was an hour or 2 worth of work.... I believe there is definately some merit in this.... what its limitations are remains to be seen!

You are more than welcome to pop round and have a look at the setup...

Crispin, i had been mulling through several idea's for the scrubber for some time now, so i had the plan in my head.... from a DIY perspective it was an hour or 2 worth of work.... I believe there is definately some merit in this.... what its limitations are remains to be seen!

You are more than welcome to pop round and have a look at the setup...
i'm gonna take you up on that, i just wanna wait till its got some algae and things on it....well done on gettoing off your butt and doing it (NIKE), rather alot more than me! :)

Nice Neil, can't wait to see the results...:thumbup:

It may have been the :peroni::peroni::peroni: last night but i could have sworn the mesh has a light brown tinge to it .....

Energy saving globe and T5 running 18hrs a day ........

2 days and here are the pics for an update !

Pic 1 : with flash on

911491c4f1e5136b.jpg

Pic 2 : with flash off

911491c4f1e4b5bc.jpg

a brief update, today there are spots of green algae developing .... seeems to be working !

dude how's the scrubber working, any noticeable improvements in your tank?

Back
Top Bottom