Lets talk flow direction

Mekaeel

Reaction score
hello crew.lets talk flow in our our little reefs.or should i say postioning of pumps in our systems to get optimum flow and best results out of our SPS and LPS corals

Mekaeel are those pumps alternating at all or do they all run continuously ?

Reason I am asking is that you have positioned 2 pumps on either side of you overflow. These pumps should go off on a cycle to allow water from the opposite end of the tank to get into the overflow.

yes anthony they run continuouslly.im planning on hooking up timers so they work on different intervals

Cool, you want to try and move water towards the overflow to get the nasties out of the tank and fed to your skimmer.

Would work better if pumps were on opposite sides of the tank blowing into each other, would create more random flow, would be even better if put on timers.

Have them blowing from left to right and then right to left, moving as much of the water column as possible.

I have two 1" returns from a oceanrunner 6500 ...... each return has a penductor fitted which increases flow by 4 times

The Oceans Motions return from a closedloop which is run by a sequence 15000gph.
Each return flows for 30sec then it moves to the next return etc....... ie. pipe 1 then thirty secs later pipe 2 then thirty secs later pipe three etc.

Total turnover 40 times

Untitled.jpg

Back
Top Bottom