Let's Do This Again!!

Stand and glass was delivered today!!:peroni:

11164c5c325fb1082.jpg

Myself and Lanzo are working hard to get this tank up and running. But as everybody knows... . nothing happens "FAST" in this hobby. Allot of planning are going into the design and lessons learned from previous experiences..

I forgot my camara at home, but the base is complete. All this holes have been drilled and I have preped the sides to cater for the "new" overflow design!!

whats "chicken meat"

It is what you get when you take your plate coral out the tank, burn your hand on your MH and then drop your plate coral on the floor into a million pieces!!! :lol:

Dewald will know that EXACT feeling!!!

lol JB atleast you could do was go during shop hours! :)

hows the progress comming dewaldt, looking forward to seeing you get it together.....as lanzo for some time off :)

mmmhhh. Why u go and let go? can't u handle pain?

That wasn't the nicest feeling i've experienced... . Especially when I was taken for a ride on the price I paid for the plate from a certain place I used to support.:p

EISH Dewald! I got 2 meters from seeing your shop and the TANK! UNFORTUNATELY, you and Lanzo, were CLOSED :(

That was unfortunately, past Sunday, about 2:30pm :(

Damn!! Would have loved to show you around!:biggrin: But we also have to take a rest now and then.. .:slayer:

lol JB atleast you could do was go during shop hours! :)

hows the progress comming dewaldt, looking forward to seeing you get it together.....as lanzo for some time off :)

I really worked my but off yesterday putting together the sides of the tank. (Very frustrating working with black cilicone, but I got a handle on it now) I must say that it really looks awasome now... I did take pics last night and will post them shortly.

This tank build threw a couple of nasty challanges our way, but its all worth it now!!:)

Ok reefers... Here's an update!

ALOT has happened since my last update, but I have been a good little boy and remembered most of the times to take pictures!:whistling:

The tank is complete and cycling!!! Yes cycling!:thumbup: I still need to do the cabinet and lights though..

I must be honost in saying that this tank build really tested my patients at times..:p But it's all worth it now.

We also had TWO FLOODS in one day just before we started up the big boy!!:slayer:

The first flood was both me and Lanzo forgetting to close the close loop ball valve before we went home on Friday night and decided to leave the RO pipe in the tank so it can fill up over night...!! Lets just say that all the water intended for the Tank luckely first ended up in the sump, then overflowed onto the floor. I recon about 100L!!:biggrin:

Then I left Lanzo alone at the shop after I cleaned up the mess to go and buy Reggies playsand. When I got back Lanzo was RED in he's face with a big :biggrin: !!! Apperantly the water drained faster out of the tank than what the return pump could pump back!! Another 120L of salt water on the floor!!:1::lol:

We finally filled the tank, washed the playsand, added a bit of live rock and loads of bacteria to start the cycle process.

Lanzo took the camera home, just waiting for him to pop in and then i'll show you guys in detail all the progress as it happened!!:)

For all the reefers that have visited the shop in the last week or so, has already seen this big boy in action!!:wave2:

Cool, now where is the pics.

And floods happens everywhere.... :). Well at least the floor around the tank is clean now.

Back
Top Bottom