lether toadstoll and snaklock and comon clown fish

Discussion in 'Anemone's' started by davidwatkins26, 28 Mar 2011.

1. davidwatkins26

davidwatkins26

hi ok this is a problem iv got iv got a snaklock and a lether toadstoll and 1 comon clown fish and i just carnt get my clown fish to host ether of them at all .and how can i get my lether toadstoll to flower and to frag it with out of damiging it

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kunhardt

Kunhardt

Hi David and welcome...what is a snaklock? Do you mean a Snake Lock anemone?

Firstly how long have you had the clown? They can take time to host in anything...sometimes they never do.

To get your toadstool leathers polyps to extend you should ideally have it in a medium to high flow area of the tank with a decent amount of light. What kind of lighting and flow do u have in your system?

Fragging...you going to "damage" it to frag it...with leathers its easy you just cut a piece off and place it on a new piece of rock and within a few days it will attach while the mother colony will heal and be good as new in a few days as well.

Hope I have been able to help.

How about a bit more info on your system and how long you have been in the hobby etc.

4. davidwatkins26

davidwatkins26 Thread Starter

my tank info

ok im only new at this but iv done tropicals ok my water flow is a vibration pump made by sunsun in china its got 2 impellers so it gives high and low flows iv had my snak lock anemone for about 1 month or more and the toadstoll i had about 3 to 4 months and my coman clown fish about the same as the toadstoll and i have got green sars frags and other anemone in my tank and red leg crabs and tiybad turbos snails and my teptur of my tank is 27.9c and my salt lev is 1.019 and 1.020 sumtimes its 1.021 and i have for lighting is a T8 Arcadia a blue night and a day light bulbs

5. Kunhardt

Kunhardt

I dont really know know anything about the snakelock anemones other than that some people eat them and that they are found around the south of europe.

I would have to say your salinity is a bit on the low side at 1.019...try and slowly increase it to 1.024-1.025 that would be a more advisable lvl to keep it at if you want to keep corals, 1.019 is fine if you have a fish only system imo. I know the sunsun pumps, they are ok, have 2 myself...what size tank do u have...maybe give us some dimentions LxWxH? If its larger than a nano tank I would say that only having 1 pump is not going to be enough, with marines you need quite a substantial amount of flow in your tank. For corals and anemones you are going to need more than T8's...at least T5's for the soft and some LPS corals while a Metal Halide is advisable for anemones...Again the amount of lighting you would need would depend on the size of your tank. Another thing is how long has the tank been running in total? what is the other anemone in your tank?

6. davidwatkins26

the other anemone is a a pink coman anemone thay r only small ok my tank is 2ft 31ins by 1ft 13in its a 125 liter fluval tank or more and got a sump tank wich is a 2ft by 1ft ish in the bottom and 3 filters 1 is a fluval 205 and a fluval 3 plus and a fluval 1 plus and a over flow box and a return pump

7. Kunhardt

Kunhardt

What is a pink common Anemone? Is it not a jewel anemone? like the ones in these pics.

jewel anemone - Google Search

Dont know the Fluval tanks, but I would think from those dimentions you would be better off with a second pump. can you maybe post some pics of the sump and tank? I am lost a bit on the sump explanations due to the unformiliarity with the fluval system.

davidwatkins26 likes this.
  8. davidwatkins26

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ok iv go pic in my albam if you like to see my tank [​IMG]

9. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

the anemone looks like a condalactys species..

10. davidwatkins26

as you can see im haveing problems with my toadstoll and allway leans to the side all the time at first it was standing up strate now like this my clown fish will not host it or my purple tip any sujestions

11. davidwatkins26

hi needs sum help plz ok iv got a toadstoll and it has like a hole on the side of it do i have to wurry about it and it's floping to the side . and if any one is selling or giveing free frag's away plz let me know thanx

12. Dane

Dane

David, please don't open multiple threads on the same topic.. Unfortunately, as this forum is based in South Africa (although we're more than happy to have international members on board) we can't really help you with frags. It does sound like you are having some issues with your leather, unfortunately if it has developed a hole then it doesnt sound too good. Still, they are hardy corals and might bounce back. I suggest you place it in an area of medium flow. But you need to check your water parameters for nutrient build up. Follow Kunhardts earlier advice too.

Also bud, it would really help if you at least tried to used some grammar and basic sentence construction. Most people won't even bother reading a post that so illegible. Sorry if I sound a bit rude, but it is a seemingly increasing problem on the forum. So help us help you! ;-)

I also strongly suggest you check out this link for a site which has faqs on pretty much every marine issue under the sun. Its run by some of the most respected names in reefing, so you're bound to get some good advice there. They have answered thousands of questions, so if you look in the right categories you're bound to find some useful info.

SW Gen Index

davidwatkins26 likes this.
  13. Anemone

Anemone

Your anemone is not a hosting anemone. Chances are it won't host the clownfish.

Recent Posts