Leopard blenny

Reaction score
dont ever get one of these in your reef system.landed up with 1 in mine thinking it was a solaris blenny with nice colouring .this guy is a coral muncher.this is 4 days damage .white spots is where he's chomped.
ebrevis11.jpg

DSC00050.jpg

DSC00034.jpg

DSC00049.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry no pics. yeah hey they look very much the same. even a experianced eye would have a bit of a hard time telling the two apart

ebrevis11.jpg

DSC00050.jpg

DSC00034.jpg

DSC00049.jpg

dont know how im gonna get him out.cant find him @ night & he is a hit & run fellow.swim ,chomp,swim

Commiserations dude. I would think the only way is a Fish Trap. Aqua Medic sell nice ones. These guys are like little bull dogs that literally head butt corals to get a mouthful. My experience with Blennies is not good. I dont even look at them at lfs anymore. Any of them... I am sure they can smell zoolanthae... Goodluck

this dude aint eat anything but them corals.tried enticing with frozens,fresh,flake ,you name it.maybe sacrafice a frag in a trap,who knows?BRRR coca cola

Yeah and watch where he bites...always on the light facing side. He knows where the zoolanthae is

cant recall thread but here are some pics
100_4399.jpg

my scotty says merry xmas to all
100_4242-1.jpg

a liitle bit of current
100_4239.jpg

100_3623.jpg

100_3621.jpg

now thats enough for u pic freaks..its a pain finding all this stuff

Frikkin flying battleships. I sat next to you at IMACSA; and never figured who you were. You the guy with the wicked tank that mango gave the intro to.:yeahdude:

yip...dont know about wicked though.after a trip like that i cant recall anybody.i think i remember calfo.

I also bought a leopard blennie which turned out to be a snowflake blennie.

They also look very similar to the one in your pics. But completely reef safe. In fact, very diligent algae munchers.

ebrevis11.jpg

update.i just caught the blenny with a net.after 3 nights till up to 4 in the morning we played cat & mouse games.with torch & all.now this morning @10.15 in broad daylight he sat on top of a nice purple acro head .on the lookout for me.sneaked under the tank grabbed net & pounced.caught him on the end of his tail by fluke.he is now in sump in breeder box awaiting return to lfs.Scoffed 4 more heads on the poci colony.grazed the purple acro stukkend as well.Shame he was a beautiful hungry fish.I dont recommend anyone importing these fish from my very own personel experience now.It appears that he only eats corals,so i dont know how he is going to survive in a fowl system.maybe graze off the live rock .so there you have it folk after years of reefing one still makes stupid mistakes.Myabe start a thread on the 10 most stupid things you have done in a tank.stress levels past week -20 today-0

Back
Top Bottom