Legal advice please.

Discussion in 'The Sump' started by ZeroCool, 15 Nov 2010.

1. ZeroCool

ZeroCool

hi there, i am buying a repo house. to cut the long story short, i am not currently the owner. The people in the house made it clear, they wont move ... and i mean, they dont want to move all all.

they said i can bring my court evictions, saps, sheriffs, you name it ... and they will not move.

What advice can anyone give me, who is in the legal industry.

I am currently trying to figure out, is the house worth all the issues or not.

:(

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Manic

Manic Moderator

From what you told me it is worth it but to get people to leave a house is a real struggle. Could take months.

4. robertkukla

robertkukla

phone a person named Peter Kukla, he works for aucor auctioneers and he could give some advice, they do alot of repo houses his number is 082 691 1180
    he says give him a call and he will help where he can

Last edited: 15 Nov 2010
  5. mariusmeyer

mariusmeyer

The legal route will take very long and cost you a lot. If you have a lot of friends get them all to move in there and say that they are the new tenants. Either the people move out of have a lot of people moving in with them.

6. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Thread Starter

howzit manic .. jip, it is a bargain, but the issue is, the seller and all parties involved that side, doesnt want to help removing the people.

jip, i am currently seeking legal help, and also from the financial side, because things are not getting hot with this buy !

7. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Thread Starter

the people who is living for free, take note, for free in the house, because it is a repo, and i see their point, why move and pay for something if you can have it for free.

i already requested them to move asap, because my house is sold and i need to move in asap, but they laughed. jip, crazy hey !

i thought of getting 5 snakes, and asked them that i can move the snakes in asap.

jip, the legal route will be costly and a very long timely issue !

8. seank

seank

I just came back from a house where the tenants did not want to move. (I had a meeting with the owner)
    He said, what he did after 02 months of begging, writing letters etc, he found out that if the house belongs to him, he can put anyone in the house, so he went, collected most of his labourers working for him, with their mattresses and clothes etc, and he dropped them off and said they can live there for 2 weeks, no rent to be paid. He also gave them free food.

He said it took the tenants 03 days to move after they seeked legal advise and their lawyer told them that the owner can put in any person he likes

9. JD167

JD167

If they are not paying rent, get some of your biggest buddies to help you one saturday. Walk in and start to carry stuff out. Chuck it on the pavement.

10. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Thread Starter

well, my plan is, if it is on my name, to remove all the doors ... it need some repair work. plan b, cut the water and the lights. plan c, get 5 big snakes ...

any other idea's ?

this is really sad how people just move in !

it is a repo, the old owner didnt pay, bank took it back, and now the people live in the house for free ! crazy hey !

11. JD167

JD167

Have a braai on the lawn, then carry their stuff out. If they still won't leave, go pick up some beggers and drop them on the corner. Warn the tenants that their belongings are on a public road and there are people waiting to take it.

12. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Thread Starter

i wish it was as easy as that, really !

13. Slagter

Slagter MASA Contributor

Same thing happened to a friend of mine, except the house was theirs and the tennants never paid... They got a local Sangoma to come and throw bones and all that jazz with the people in the house... They got so freaked out, they moved out like 3 days later...

If that doesn't work, get the laborers to move in. It's your house, they must leave.

14. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Thread Starter

sjoe, that really made me smile ... well, if it is my house, and i have insurance, i will burn it down, with them or without them it ! that is how i feel.

i wont pay anyone 1 sent to stay anywhere, nothing is for free !

15. Rory

Rory Admin MASA Contributor

Yip, legal is too much of a mission and they have more rights than you do so do what Sean said. I would also cut off elec+water and remove whatever security there may be.

16. Slagter

Slagter MASA Contributor

The only problem in you burning it down is the insurance will investigate the "arson" and you'll go to jail for Arson, defrauding the insurance company and attempted murder... I wouldn't go that route...

But if the house is yours, then you have the legal right to do with it whatever you want. So removing doors, window frames, etc, is perfectly within your rights. Moving people in to pay "rent", allowing massive house parties in your property, etc is also cool...

In fact that is a great idea! Throw a massive house party in the house! Get huge sound and all that and really make them skrik! LOL!

Oh yeah... The power and water thing... It doesn't work because the tennants I was talking about paid one of the city power guys to come and reconnect them... It could work, but probably not.

Last edited: 15 Nov 2010
  17. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

classic:thumbup:

18. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

the problem with the law is that it takes the well being of the children into consideration above all else (assuming there are kids involved here), its not fair but alot of people take advantage of this..

i would go with sean's route.. its excellent.. and a sure winner..

time to pull the gloves off dude..

19. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

Hire that guy - Shorty - from the Leon Schuster movies dressed up as a thokoloshi! They will move in 5min!

20. mariusmeyer

mariusmeyer

I knew of someone who did exactly the same thing as sean said and got the same result. That is why I made my previous comment.

21. lIghty

lIghty

Funniest thing I've ever read!:lol::lol::lol:

But seriously, are you buying from the bank? as I would then make it their problem!

Recent Posts