led unit

Reaction score
hi, i am interrested in buying led unit. sow the reefsun 900mm unit with 108w cree leds and moonlight led with controller for about r5000 at reef aquatics. just want to know what the kelvin and so on is of the unit. actually want to know everything about the unit. the good and the bad as i am really thinking of buying this unit. just want to know if its worth the money. everybody i spoke to only have good things to say about the owner and by the emails i can see his the best. just want to know about the unit from people on the forum. thanks

Hi @tyson , what I can safely say is that all my customers that bought our units are happy. Even so that when they upgrade they get the same unit but the upgraded bigger units. The only units I know that has been sold is tanks being shut down or upgraded.

The Kelvin on the whites are 9k and the blues are 460nm. I normally order them 60 blue/40 white split. Gives a crisp blue tinge.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks andre. so you say their are 3 moonlight led that come with the unit and the brackets. banking details and so one we can be discussed on email

What diodes are in this one,are they cree and what range are they, like xr or xp etc,what wattage,are they cool white and standard blues, also what are their optics and is this fitting fan cooled?

I didn’t fully open he link,my mobile broadband is so slow, it got to 17 meg down loaded and that took ages, but it sounds like a good fitting.
Heaps more efficient then my old xr-e diodes,80 percent to be precise.

I have spoken to some guys that have carried out some testing on sps and they say the best results for red colouration came from true green diodes combined with the white and the blue diodes.
I am going to get a few for my old fitting to try along side my blue and white diodes and see how it goes.

I get near reds in acans easily, but sps,the closest I can get to red is pink and orange.
This is an acans near red from my tank; I will add four greens soon to see where my sps can get.

acan-red-blue-_zps6491ddcc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom