LED T5's

Guys i wouldnt bother with the T5 or T8 LED units unless you are looking for a fuge light.

They just dont have the punch needed and generally are poor quality.

You will notice all the decent LED lighting units out there also have quality lenses which make the difference.

A safe bet when looking at LED units is if you are looking at a T5 equivalent then you will need at least 26 watts LED to replace a 54 watt T5 maybe a little less if the LEDs are high quality.

Last edited:
Friends where can we get ? I want to try one. My bits and pieces are doing fat better under Halgen than under T 5 Technology , and I think thats the route I want to persue.

hi togra and welcome to masa!:)

Could you please explain what you mean that your bits and pieces are doing fat under halogen instead of t5?what bits and pieces?what halogen?watts?what wattage of t5 and what size tank are we talking here?

100w halogen cannot ever be close to even 50w t5 as far as PAR and even basic lumens are concerned..

Guys i wouldnt bother with the T5 or T8 LED units unless you are looking for a fuge light.

They just dont have the punch needed and generally are poor quality.

You will notice all the decent LED lighting units out there also have quality lenses which make the difference.

A safe bet when looking at LED units is if you are looking at a T5 equivalent then you will need at least 26 watts LED to replace a 54 watt T5 maybe a little less if the LEDs are high quality.

I agree with this well said submariner..infact I would go so far as to even not recommend any led unit unless it uses the cree xp-g led's with optics for now until newer tech comes along.

The previous xp-e's(older LED's from cree) will just about match t5 and metal halide but cost more than the equivalent in mh or t5 hence i'm not too eager to suggest them but they are atleast on PAR,all these other LED's just dont cut it I'm afraid.

Back
Top Bottom