LED Lighting - New make

Reaction score
Good Day All

Can you please comment on the following specifications for a LED strip! Apparently these lights are now being used at the main coral tank as you come in at the 2 Oceans Aquarium.
GL60-SW5*5 waterproof

Waterproof IP 67 (silicone sleeve)
Size of LED chip: 50*50 (bigger, brighter than 1210)
Colour: Warm white, white, red, amber, green, blue, RGB
Strips can be cut every 10cm
No. of LED's: 60 per meter
Volt: DC24V
Power: 13 watts per meter
Connection: clips
Dimmable

Please advise if this would be suitable for my 90cm reef.

All input is greatly appreciated.

Regards​

Leds on sams display tank of 54cm depth, is the name of the thread with pics of that specific brand of lighting. my thread mandarinmans tl 450 shows them on my tank. as long as you have enough strips you will be fine. sam is running five strips on his 1.2 metre tank. thecother sponaor who has leds is called submariner. Or tsr. i have whites
3694ec15d3f142d4.jpg
and blues on my tank with full details in the thread.

Last edited:
How many do you have on your tank? I am gonna put 2 strips on my tank 1 x 14000k and 1 x 20000k. Would that suffice? What do you think of the light system?

The light system is great. one strip of each is not going to work for corals. this is based on experience. the volume of light or combined intensity will not be enough for the corals to survive. i have four strips of leds in my tank and this would be a good starting point but my corals are relatively close to the lights. if my tank was any deeper i would add another strip of white and one of blue.

I would start with 2 and keep my 2 t5's still and then get more next month. My tank is about 35 cms deep. Your tank looks amazing. Its without the bracket and driver. The driver is R 110.

How is your coral and clams thriving from the lighting? I really am looking forward to the LED's. Have you had any problems with the lighting as of yet? Your tank looks awesome with the LED's on. With 4 strips do you think i can keep clams etc?

I have had no problems as of yet. The easiest test ala submariner is to take a browed up coral frag and put it in your tank and see if it colours up. if it does you know your lighting is ok

Hi rudeboy1

I am sure these LEDs will work for your tank.

To give you a idea of how many you will need.

I would recommend a minimum of 72 Watts Cree XPE LED'S so you will need minimum 6 meters of these LED's

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom