Led Lighting Is Here

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by AndrévN, 17 Jul 2009.

1. AndrévN

AndrévN

What is so important and interesting about the new LED globes we are introducing? There are plenty of LED globes available at hardware stores or at major lighting suppliers. However, none of these products are really posing any threat to the existing range of incandescent, halogen or fluorescent globes, they are not bright enough, not reliable enough or supplied as complete light fittings which are too expensive and too much trouble to replace. Our product is really and truly the FIRST ENERGY SAVING LED GLOBE, which can pose a direct challenge to almost all and any globes currently commercially available.

Simple facts are:
    • Our High Power LED globes are equal in brightness to incandescent/halogen or fluorescent lamps and are available in wide range between 15W and 150W.
    • Manufactured under the highest quality standards, using latest developments in the field of optics and electronics, using the most advanced components currently available in the world (Cree from USA, Nichia from Japan).
    • A wide range of globes are available: G4, MR11, MR16/PAR16, PAR20, PAR30, PAR36, PAR38, AR111. T5 tubes coming very soon too!
    • A wide range of lamp bases are available: G4; GU5.3; EZ10; GU10; E11; E14; E17; B22; E26; E27; E40. This makes retrofitting a very simple and easy exercise – just replace globe in the existing light fitting!
    • Consumes between 75% to 90% less electrical power. A direct replacement for the MR16 halogen 50W globe is a 5W LED globe, which consumes only 10% of the power in comparison.
    • 90% reduction in power consumed means 90% reduction in your electricity bill!
    • Althought they are expensive, it is economically feasible and profitable to switch to LED globes
    • A unique Neutral White colour light is available (sometimes called Day Light White), which is impossible to obtain from any other light globe. Neutral White is the only light suitable for art galleries and jewellery stores, as only this light can show the true colours of paintings or diamonds
    • Almost no heat is produced. Great savings on your air conditioning costs too and no burnt spots on the ceiling anymore.
    • Our LED globes enjoy a 12 to 15 month warranty. None of the other globes currently available are provided with any warranty whatsoever.
    • Expected life span between 20,000 hours and 50,000 hours (working 24 hours a day for a full 2.3 years minimum!).
    • Environmentally friendly, no toxic Mercury like in fluorescent lamps.
    • Host of other advantages, especially if LED globes are introduced during the early stages of the project.

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 13pt">The technological evolution is unstoppable! The days of incandescent or halogen lamps are numbered, they are too power hungry! Fluorescent lamps are too toxic for our planet to sustain.

Tony likes this.
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dohn

Dohn MASA Contributor

4. AndrévN

AndrévN Thread Starter

Yes thats it, i was invited to an open day at the premises by the ECASA all registered electrical contractors and companies are to attent there opening. Maybe get a good discount structure and sell it to reefers at cost plus 10 or something. :thumbup: Friends looks after friends. :razz: Even after enemies. ;)

5. riyadhessa

riyadhessa

Max that is so awesome...

6. AndrévN

AndrévN Thread Starter

Gonna keep you chaps posted on this. ;)

7. riyadhessa

riyadhessa

Max please do that i will be watching this thread with interest...:p

8. Kavir

Kavir

Wow looks real promising. Although it gives of a little heat it's enough to burn a hole in ur pocket.

9. Dohn

Dohn MASA Contributor

pity there are no pics to demonstrate the led's

10. Dohn

Dohn MASA Contributor

11. AndrévN

AndrévN Thread Starter

WE MAY GET SOME DISCOUNT STRUCTURE THERE FOR RETAILING THEN WE WILL JUST GIVE THE DISCOUNTS TO YOU GUYS. ALL OF YOU EVEN THE ONES THAT HATES ME. :whistling:

12. Jaak

Jaak

Man, I can't wait to get my paws on some of these!!!! Max, you have to get pricing asap...

13. AndrévN

AndrévN Thread Starter

IF YOU PAY R300 FOR A GEISEMANN FL TUBE KNOW AND R900 FOR A " QUALITY " THAT IS BRAND NAME 150 W METAL HALIDE A R1000 ISNT MUCH IF YOU GET A GOOD DISCOUNT ON IT FOR A 150W OUTPUT LED. SEE MY POINT. AND IT WOULD COST YOU LESS " A HELL OF A LOT LESS " ON YOUR ELECTRICITY BILL OVER TWO YEARS.
    IF I CAN SAVE A R1000 A MONTH ON MY R3000 BILL ILL DO IT. R24000 OVER TWO YEARS IS WAY MORE THAN SAY R4000 ONCE EVERY TWO YEARS.

TO GIVE YOU AN EXAMPLE JUST BY CHANGING 45 X 8 FT DOUBLE FLUORESCENTS WITH WIRE WOUND TRANSFORMERS (THEY GIVE OFF LOTS OF HEAT) AT MY SHOPS I SAVED R300 A MONTH AND MORE OVER THE PAST TWO YEARS ON ELECTRICITY. THAT IS A R 7200 SAVING. I SPENT R 8000 ON THE NEW 5 FT ELECTRONIC BALLAST FITTINGS AND ONLY CHANGED 2 LAMPS IN THE 2 YRS AND NO STARTERS AS THERE IS NONE. IN THE PREVIOUS YRS I USED TO CHANGE 4 TO 5 STARTERS AND AT LEAST 6 LAMPS A MONTH COSTING R230 A MONTH ON MAINTENANCE WITHOUT THE R300'S FOR THE TRANSFORMERS PACKING UP. ANOTHER SAVING OF R 8000 OVER TWO YEARS. SEE WHERE IM GETTING AT.

MY BATHROOMS AT THE HOUSE HAS GU10 LED LAMPS IN THEM AND IVE NEVER REPLACED ONE IN OVER A YEAR. AND IT DRAWS MILLIAMPS INSTEAD OF 50W X 22 = 1100W. THE LEDS IS 220W IN TOTAL. SEE THE DIFFERENCE. :whistling:

14. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

Hmmm if good quality globes are available then fittings like this can be locally made.

Check out the SIRIUS product. It is new from Sfiligoi.

It would be interesting to see how much the globes would cost to knock up one of these. look up the GALAXY. If you click on the tech info button you you will find the available range with the quantity of globes.

SFILIGOI srl

15. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

@Max Do i understand that a globe costs about R1000.00. If so to build a fitting similar to the Sfiligoi Galaxy with 288 globes the price is R288000.00 just for the globes. Even at R65.00 per globe the price is R18720.00. The best price for an LED head with 9x 4.5w led quoted to me was about R350.00. That was about R100000.00 for that fitting. With these sort of prices i do not see much development/prototype building going on.
    However i will follow this thread with interest

16. riyadhessa

riyadhessa

Max i so agree that you will save mega bucks over a period of time and that the LED's last much longer that the normal T5's an metal halide bulbs...Just hope thr is people that will DIY this or LFS that will import this, but at what cost...

17. riyadhessa

riyadhessa

That is one kick ass pendant:thumbup: awesome find and thanks for sharing...But geez the cost of that particular pendant is crazy looking at what you have said above...

I to will will follow this thread...

18. werner5

werner5

tagging along ;)

19. Dohn

Dohn MASA Contributor

That galaxy pendant looks like alot of these in 1 fixture.
    [​IMG]

20. lanzo

lanzo Sponsor

hi max i imported some led flood lights...will get my samples friday....300 and 500 led's on a 10x15cm panel and it is so intense it looks brighter than 150w mh...will add pics on friday...going to change all my MH fixtures in my stock tankc to these flood lights

21. Dohn

Dohn MASA Contributor

Recent Posts