Led light pendent

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Bluemotion, 23 Oct 2011.

1. Bluemotion

Bluemotion

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. butcherman

butcherman Moderator MASA Contributor

do you have one of these units?

4. shiks

shiks

loooks real nice ...with 24 blue and white (48 total) 6500 lumens and 12k output nifty piece of work there...700 length also seems like a nice spread but after shipping costs excluding duty if applicable lands at 6080 to durbs :( almost 1400 in shipping costs ....and personally i have not recieved a R2400 parcel full of electronic stuff from HK to date ...1 year later and its still missing in their airport lol didnt even land in JHB

AWESOME find though...thanks

5. Bluemotion

Bluemotion Thread Starter

Thats bad about your parsel going missing sorry 2 hear. I would love to have a unit like that, I am currently looking at my options for diy light, that website prices aren't too bad.

6. Bluemotion

That is my only worry about buying oversea, whether I will get my stuff or not.

7. Charl_Stanhope

Charl_Stanhope

Ive bought from that website,twice in fact and Ive received my stuff,good customer service as well. Import duties aint that bad.Paid 101.80 on 1700 the first order and 23 dollars for shipping. It shouldnt be that much more to durbs.mine was to Hermanus which is in the middle of nowhere. Im currently waiting for my other leds and cant wait to get it. I would personally build my own unit with their diy kits. its really simple if you good with diy. It works out so much cheaper. its not as nice though and hasnt got all the functions but are those functions that important. you can run multiple drivers on timers and you will get the same effect if you want that effect which will still save you money. The more leds you order the cheaper you get it from. my last order I ordered an xtra 40 leds and I paid $1.90 per led.works the same with optics. the more the better. If you can sourch heatsinks in s.a at reasonable prices you will also save alot on shipping coz those things add to the weight.

8. Bluemotion

9. butcherman

butcherman Moderator MASA Contributor

and $50 shipping

10. Bluemotion

11. Charl_Stanhope

Charl_Stanhope

if you order only the leds and driver without the heatsink it shouldnt cost 50 dollars for shipping. I paid 30 dollars incl the heatsink. but its still cheap decent leds

12. Bluemotion

Maybe I should really think about going the led route, just to buy my T5 bulbs would cost about a R1000 for 4 good ones. And I am studying electrical so wouldn't be difficult for me to wire it up.

13. Charl_Stanhope

Charl_Stanhope

I emailed the guy what the output per watt is on those 3w leds he sells and he replied : "For the white, it is 100 lm/w, for blue is 13 lm/w." I dont know if its good but it sounds good to me. Im gonna run double the whites than blues without optics in my nano. I think led is the way to g.Ill regularly update when I have received all my leds. Gonna experiment with a small frag or 2 of sps.

14. Bluemotion

sounds good

Recent Posts