Urgent help needed Leaking tank

Reaction score
Hi All

I have a Nano Nuvo 16 which has sprung a leak :( the tank was setup two weeks ago and I was well into the cycle. Came home from work yesterday and found some water leaking around the base of the tank. I managed to move all the live rock into a spare tank for now.

I emptied everything out last night and filled it up again this morning to find the leak. Managed to narrow it down to a leak at the base of the tank where the back wall which houses my filters etc meets the glass of the tank.

Tank was purchased second hand so there is no warranty. I will have to get it repaired. Is there anyone in the Gauteng area that can assist with redoing all the silicon work?

neu92c.jpg

Such cool tanks...but they are known for leaking...im sure one of the sponsors will be able to assist...

You can probably do the silicone yourself if you do it right and neatly.

Ultimately glass + silicone = very strong!

You the 3rd person to complain about a Nuvo leaking there!

Seems this may be a problem with them. Hope mine doesn't start soon.

Really common problem. I know of 2 other people thats not even on the forums who's tank also started to leak. Get a tank builder to repair it for you or DIY.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

@Subtech yup and after researching online I found many articles around the world about the same issue. If your's is the Nuvo 16 I would suggest reinforcing the weak spots around the tank now to ensure you dont run into the same issue bud.
Thanks I will look into it, mine is the nuvo 8

Please don't bash me about the clown, I will take him out and put him in 850L display.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
I had a IM nuvo 16 loved the tank then one day cracking sound and water all over. Moved over to the Nuvo fusion 20 and wow solid build tank. Problem is the curve in the glass on the nuvo 16 and 24 range. None the less a sponsor on the forum help me and I was living the dream again

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

I had a IM nuvo 16 loved the tank then one day cracking sound and water all over. Moved over to the Nuvo fusion 20 and wow solid build tank. Problem is the curve in the glass on the nuvo 16 and 24 range. None the less a sponsor on the forum help me and I was living the dream again

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Thats great man, glad to hear they helped you out!

Thanks I will look into it, mine is the nuvo 8

Please don't bash me about the clown, I will take him out and put him in 850L display.

image.jpeg
@Subtech that tank looks awesome, I wish more people would share little treasures like this

@cm101 any updates on how your repairs went?

Back
Top Bottom