Lawnmover Blenny Starving?

Discussion in 'Quarantine Tanks, sick fish, QT corals' started by Jason, 7 Nov 2014.

1. Jason

Jason

Morning all...

So when i started my tank few months back, i had nice long GHA growth, new tank syndrome obviously, 3 weeks later my GHA was all gone.

Since i started using Prodibio and dosing Fuel my tank has little to no algae growth and believe my Lawnmowner might be starving. He use to be fat, to fat and is now a lot slimmer. The stomach is not flat or dented in but it has shrunken a lot. These fish are some of the hardest fish to get eating prepared food, what is a good food i can get for him that i might have better luck with.

I have tried norri and he does not even look at it. I see him picking at rocks and glass but there is no algae on there that i can see.

Am i just over reacting?

I was aiming to run my system at ALNS for sps but might not go that route any time soon and also dont want to stop dosing Prodibio or Fuel as i have other corals benefiting from that.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. dallasg

dallasg Moderator MASA Contributor

They will eat the micro algae we cant see, mine eats prime reef flakes and any other food i put in

4. Jason

Jason Thread Starter

Will just keep an eye on him if he might start to shrink to much ill donate him to a fellow reefer... Thats awesome if he goes for prepared food...

5. dallasg

dallasg Moderator MASA Contributor

They are easy to feed, havent ever had an issue of the years. Blennies and gobies do suffer from gastrointestinal worms and a good treatment can fix them

6. Blue Reefer

Blue Reefer MASA Contributor

@Jason my one used to eat pellets flakes Mysis nori. Sadley he went carpet surfing before I had a screen over my tank.

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  7. Reaper

Reaper

tagging - Ive got some algae growth he can chow on lol

8. VicZA

VicZA

mine looks very very thin - stomach is completely flat. I have an outburst of some sort of bacteria that is creating a slime cover over my entire tank and I believe this may be causing the problem. Any suggestions on what I could do. Any idea on how to treat this bacteria ? I dose Fuel and I dose NOPOX (even though I still have a lot of GHA and/or Bryopsis

9. Jason

Jason Thread Starter

I did read your thread on the slime cover. I jever had an issue as big as yoursm I do have some slime huild up but only on my silicone pipe running from my terurn pump, only the piece in the water. Its jot white but feels little slimy.

Ill stop dosing Fuel and Nopox for a week or 2 and see what happens. Vitamins are bacterial food source and that can increase our bacteria in your tank. A skimmer skims out alot of bacteria also.

Recent Posts