latest adition to the family

Reaction score
this is my first time for softies exept for the nennie, need some advice, running 3 t5 54 wats 18k 12k and coral blue

7624bec16bf73a54.jpg

Be carefull with that stuff! dont dose too often!

To be honest .... I dont even use that...my corals live off the extra frozen foods and flake that i feed my fish.

It may be beneficial with SPS for some people, but softies, LPS and Nennies are cool with just some frozen food!

Be carefull with that stuff! dont dose too often!

To be honest .... I dont even use that...my corals live off the extra frozen foods and flake that i feed my fish.

It may be beneficial with SPS for some people, but softies, LPS and Nennies are cool with just some frozen food!

please tell me more bout the phytoplex

You could focus feed some of your softies with, for example, cyclops eeze or other small live food...but IMO its a once a week thing. Thats just my 2cents. Not the Gospel.;)

What about water flow?

you can see at the back right of nennie if got a urchin, should i keep an eye on him, not sure if he is reef friendly

Well i used it when i started out for a while. It didnt do any drastic good or bad in my tank. I'm not sure if anyone else has different results with it but it didnt make a big difference with my softies and LPS. Most of them reacted more to small pieces of krill, cyclops, Mysis shrimp or even small pieces of tiger prawns that i bought at Fruit and veg (cheaper option)! etc.

They do warn on many Forums that one can overdose a tank if too much is added (ie WetWebMedia). One can just add too much to the system that overloads its nutient capacity.

Rather read some of the articles on WWM for more comprehensive info (just use Google application in the site)

Cant see the whole urchin. If he's the standard black one with and orange/read head (actually the anus) then it should be fine. They just a pain sometimes cause they can grow quite quick and tend to knock over corals etc. they also eat some beficial algaes including coraline algae off your rocks.

Also...need some specs of your tank before one can be certain on advice... size/volume, skimmer, powerheads/"wavemakers", etc.

Would be concerned about that nennie with so little light... is that a Magnifica anemone? How long you had it?

did a waterchange 50l, was away for a week, and my buddy put to much calsuim in the tank, parameters is better now, but nennie stil walking around

Cant see the whole urchin. If he's the standard black one with and orange/read head (actually the anus) then it should be fine. They just a pain sometimes cause they can grow quite quick and tend to knock over corals etc. they also eat some beficial algaes including coraline algae off your rocks.

Also...need some specs of your tank before one can be certain on advice... size/volume, skimmer, powerheads/"wavemakers", etc.

Would be concerned about that nennie with so little light... is that a Magnifica anemone? How long you had it?

1.2 by 450 by 450, ts2 skimmer, m1100 seios, had the nennie now for 2 months and i have a carpet nennie to, pic to follow

Back
Top Bottom